Outlook 2003: Can't Open/Accept/Decline Tasks

Rex Shadrick

Hello,

I'm trying to open a task message in a new window, but nothing appears to
happen when I double click the task message. I'm able to view it in the
preview pane, but there are no scroll bars in the preview pane and the
Accept & Decline buttons don't do anything. [This is not running on an
exchange server.]

Thanks,
Rex

Chris Bailey

We just encountered this same problem today (admittedly, the single guy
who forwards tasks to others says it's probably been months since he's
done this, which is why we just noticed it now). I read the link on
slipstick.com... has there been *no* progress on this problem? It seems
fairly substantial, and the update that caused the problem is almost
five months old at this point. Has no one developed a workaround for
this? I can't even find a Microsoft knowledgebase article stating this
problem exists.

Has anyone got any further information on this? Thanks for all your help...

Chris Bailey
Saint Joseph, Michigan

From: "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Outlook 2003: Can't Open/Accept/Decline Tasks
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:47:52 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook

http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060202.htm#tasks

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Did you look to see how manty copies of that update is installed?
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060302.htm#update