Outlook 2003 Calendar Printing

J

JWL

I've just upgraded to Office 2003 from XP and have found one bug and one issue with printing my daily Outlook diary:

The date and day at the top of the page (in the "daily style", one page per day) should print:

01 November 2003
Saturday

With Outlook 2003 it now reads:

01 November 2003
01 November 2003

Oops! Obviously a bug interpreting the day of the week. This even happens in the print preview.

Secondly, I have an issue with Outlooks '03's printing of the task pad. The lines between the items are now so faint I can hardly see them at all. It would be very useful for me to be able to define the border style, thickness and colour as per Excel.

Microsoft, please fix!

Thanks,

Jonathan

C

Colin Halliday

Yes, I have noticed this same problem!! There is no option to change this
so it is obviously a bug in the 2003 version.

I also miss the quick choice in the Calendar for what tasks to list. You
now need to set your own filters as the quick choice menu has disappeared.

Colin Halliday

C

Colin Halliday

Though I have just looked at a colleague's Outlook 2003 and his is displaying the day underneath the date correctly!! Seems to be something different in the settings?

Colin Halliday

I've just upgraded to Office 2003 from XP and have found one bug and one issue with printing my daily Outlook diary:

The date and day at the top of the page (in the "daily style", one page per day) should print:

01 November 2003
Saturday

01 November 2003
01 November 2003

Oops! Obviously a bug interpreting the day of the week. This even happens in the print preview.

Secondly, I have an issue with Outlooks '03's printing of the task pad. The lines between the items are now so faint I can hardly see them at all. It would be very useful for me to be able to define the border style, thickness and colour as per Excel.

Microsoft, please fix!

Thanks,

Jonathan

C

Colin Halliday

OK, tracked it down.

If you go into TOOLS/OPTIONS/CALENDAR OPTIONS and take the tick out of Enable Alternate Calendar, the day of the week prints correctly.

Also found the choices for controlling the tasks listed in the task pad when viewing the calendar - they are under VIEW/TASKPAD VIEW.

Colin Halliday

01 November 2003
Saturday

01 November 2003
01 November 2003

Microsoft, please fix!

Thanks,

Jonathan

Ask a Question