Outlook 2003 Address Book and PST Problems

Modern Dinosaur

Hi,

My Outlook 2003 is encountering the following problems:

When I load Outlook I get this message:

"Cannot start the reminder service. Unable to show reminders. Th
Reminders folder could not be found. Another application closed whil
using your Personal Folders fil
c:\users\name\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. To preven
further damage to your Personal Folders file, it will not be availabl
until you close all applications using it."

I also get this message when it tries to send and receive:

Task 'mail.optusnet.com.au - Sending reported error (0x80040119)
Unknown Error 0x80040119
Task 'mail.optusnet.com.au - Sending reported error (0x80040119)
Unknown Error 0x80040119

When I try to load my address book I get this message:

"The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folde
associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have bee
moved or deleted, or you do not have permission. For information on ho
to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, See Microsof
Office Help."

This is what I've tried to do:

* Delete old profile and create new profile through mail in contro
panel.
* My technician deleted the old pst files and created new files.
* Uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled Outlook.
* Used switches to try and reset profile and reminders.
* Used Windows Clean Up Install Utility .
* Changed the pst in Data File Management.
* Checked with ISP Optus to make sure all the settings are correct.
* Disabled add on progams such as antivirus software.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium.

I've been to three technicians and a major software company and poste
several times on other forums but nobody seems to know the answer t
this. I'm thinking it may have to do with the registries but I'm no
sure.

Basically, all I need is a fix but I would rather if someone would tel
me how I can completely clean Microsoft Outlook 2003 from my compute
and then reinstall it as if it never existed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Modern Dinosau

Modern Dinosaur

Hi Russ,

Thank you for that! This has fixed the address book problem and that
error message is not appearing for now.

However, my other two problems still exist. If anybody has any
solutions they would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Modern Dinosaur

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

However, my other two problems still exist. If anybody has any
solutions they would be greatly appreciated.

Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders and /cleanreminders command
switches to see if that helps the "cannot start the reminder service" message.
The 0x80040119 error may be addressed by
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814441

Modern Dinosaur

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your message and tips! the cleanreminders an
resetfolders seems to have fixed that error message regarding th
reminders. I'll be honest it may come back because it has before bu
it's seem ok for now. So thank you so much for that.

Unfortunately, the Microsoft fix did not work and I'm still frequentl
getting the 0x80040119 error message.

Thank you everybody for your help so far on here. It's really bee
wonderful. If anybody is able to further assist with the above erro
message that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Modern Dinosaur

PS Sorry Brian, the reminders message has just reappeared. :(

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook said:
;341044']"Modern Dinosaur" (e-mail address removed)
wrote in message
-
However, my other two problems still exist. If anybody has any
solutions they would be greatly appreciated.-

Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders and /cleanreminder
command
switches to see if that helps the "cannot start the reminder service
message.
The 0x80040119 error may be addressed by
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814441

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Unfortunately, the Microsoft fix did not work and I'm still frequently
getting the 0x80040119 error message.

Did the Inbox Repair Tool find any errors?
PS Sorry Brian, the reminders message has just reappeared. :(

Display your calendar in a table view and add the Reminder field to the column
headers. Group by that field to collect all events with reminders together.
Look through that group to see if you can find one whose title matches the
reminder that appears. If you find it, select it and hold Shift while you
press Delete. If you don't see it there, try a new mail profile.

Modern Dinosaur

Hi Brian,

Thanks again for responding. I did the Inbox Tool Repair and it foun
10 minor errors and explained they were optional to fix. I fixed the
but no luck,

I couldn't find any reminders or any file when I followed your steps
Created a new mail profile but no success either.

I'm still getting the original error messages.

Sorry. I know this is a tough one but thank you for your help.

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook said:
;341145']"Modern Dinosaur" (e-mail address removed)
wrote in message
-
Unfortunately, the Microsoft fix did not work and I'm stil
frequently
getting the 0x80040119 error message.-

Did the Inbox Repair Tool find any errors?
-
PS Sorry Brian, the reminders message has just reappeared. :(-

Display your calendar in a table view and add the Reminder field to th
column
headers. Group by that field to collect all events with reminder
together.
Look through that group to see if you can find one whose title matche
the
reminder that appears. If you find it, select it and hold Shift whil
you
press Delete. If you don't see it there, try a new mail profile.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Thanks again for responding. I did the Inbox Tool Repair and it found
10 minor errors and explained they were optional to fix. I fixed them
but no luck,

I couldn't find any reminders or any file when I followed your steps.
Created a new mail profile but no success either.

I'm still getting the original error messages.

Sorry. I know this is a tough one but thank you for your help.

Do the problems still occur if you start Outlook in safe mode? Hold Ctrl when
starting Outlook.