Outlook 2002 Autosave

I am using Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 as my email editor. I have Outlook
setup with its default autosave to 3 minutes and save to Drafts folder.
Outlook does autosave to the drafts folder as expected.
But, here is my question...
Being that I am using Word 2002 as the editor, I would like to "also" have
an autorecovery file created as well. Word is setup to "save autorecover info
every 1 minute".
But, I have noticed that the autorecovery file is not being created. I know
the location of the autorecovery file and have verified that its not there.
If I open Word 2002 and start a document file, the document file does indeed
create a autorecovery file.
Basically, the autorecovery file is created on Word docs, but is not created
when opening Outlook and starting a new email which open Word as its email
editor.
Am I missing something?
I have found KB247813 which appears to sound like the autorecovery file is
indeed supposed to be created.

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Brian Tillman

ovdoco said:
How long does it take to receive an answer?

Depends on many factors. Since everyone in this group who answers is a
volunteer and has a real job they must address, if can take minutes, hours,
or days. Some questions may never be answered because those who see it may
not know the answer.

Thanks for the answer, I think?
I thought that because I was posting on the Microsoft Technet Managed
Newsgroup that I would receive answers from a Microsoft Support Professional,
not a volunteer?

Not that I have anything against volunteer answers, but one of the "selling"
features of buying a Technet subscription was "Access to the Managed
Newsgroups", which I thought would be answered by Microsoft Support
Professionals.

Thanks for informing me of this Brian.

Brian Tillman

ovdoco said:
Thanks for the answer, I think?
I thought that because I was posting on the Microsoft Technet Managed
Newsgroup that I would receive answers from a Microsoft Support
Professional, not a volunteer?

It's very rare that a Microsoft employee will answer in this newsgroup and
even when it happens, it's because they want to, not because this is any
official Microsoft solution channel.
Not that I have anything against volunteer answers, but one of the
"selling" features of buying a Technet subscription was "Access to
the Managed Newsgroups", which I thought would be answered by
Microsoft Support Professionals.

I don't think this is one of the "managed" newsgroups. I've never seen any
sign of moderation or management.