Outlook 2000 Hangs on Exit

Dan

System's.
Fresh install XP pro sp2
Outlook 2000 sp3 ( latest updates)
Exchange 2000 sp3

On two different machines I have a user account that will not allow Outlook
2000 to exit. instead it hanges with
"Please wait while MS outlook exits", wait however long and the msg is still
there.
End Task or logoff is the only way to get outlook to exit.

Tried a fresh install of Office 2000 SR-1 and the same problem.
User did use Outlook2003 for a while at another computer, then this started
after returning back to there computer with Office 2000.

Searched the KB and found this,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834005&Product=out2K

Though this really doesnt help considering I have to make a phone call and
may or may not be charged...
Does anyone have fix? Or do I have to make call and pray they dont charge
us?

Though another fix might be to reconstruct there mailbox, but that could
lead to some nasty outcomes and lost data.. Also wouldnt know how to go
about doing such a task.

Thks

Dan

Roady [MVP]

Call the number; the hotfix will be free of charge.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

Dan

Not sure the hotfix will fix the problem, since I am only having it with
one user and no one else.
Loged on to the outlook2003 with my exchange account then went back to a
outlook2000 and I dont have a problem.

-----
Dan said:
[...]

KL

Hi Dan,
I also encounter that problem which is exactly the same
as yours. Did Microsoft tell you how to fix it?

I appreciate if you can share their information to me.
//KL

"Dan" <nospam.dsaults.a_t.comcast.net-nospam> wrote in message
[...]

.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

CALL MICROSOFT!!!

They have the fix, it does not cost, and it is a simple phone call. Why do you want to get a critical update from a perfect stranger when the company that programmed the fix is perfectly willing to provide it to you, free of charge, and it will solve your problem?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After a lot of head-scratching, KL asked: