outlook '03--want to show attached jpegs in message..

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?ren=E9einpa?=

i just upgraded from outlook express to outlook, which i
really like. except, i used to be able to view jpeg
attachments under the message, within the body of the
email itself, without having to open the file [using oe].
w/ outlook, i cannot figure out how to do this...i have
to open each file. is there any way to configure outlook
so the jpegs are right there in the email body? tia!

.

I'm an old Outlook user, but have always wondered why Outlook doesn't show the images. Is that a security issue?....Can't it be handled by scanning the files instead?....

Although an old Outlook user, I still keep OE installed only to view those images...It's ridiculous, I know....but clicking on each file when you get an email with 5 or more pics got to suck after a while, doesn't it?.....It's not rare for me to get a 10-pic message.

Just wanted to share. Thanks.

Charlie

No. Outlook doesn't do this. OE does.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It's by design. Outlook assumes users want to retain control of which images
they display, not just automatically display them all. Personally, I do.
A sender can force display of an image by creating HTML mail items or RTF
mail items with OLE embedded images.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

renéeinpa said:
i just upgraded from outlook express to outlook, which i
really like. except, i used to be able to view jpeg
attachments under the message, within the body of the
email itself, without having to open the file [using oe].
w/ outlook, i cannot figure out how to do this...i have
to open each file. is there any way to configure outlook
so the jpegs are right there in the email body? tia!

Charlie

Thanks Russ!
It's by design. Outlook assumes users want to retain control of which images
they display, not just automatically display them all. Personally, I do.
A sender can force display of an image by creating HTML mail items or RTF
mail items with OLE embedded images.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]