Outgoing and Ingoing servers

Erin

I do not know what to put for my ingoing and outgoing server names. I have
never even heard of that before. The last part of my email would be @live.com
Could anyone help me with this? Thank you :]

R. C. White

Hi, Erin.

What kind of email account: POP3, MAPI, MSN, Hotmail...or other?

For POP3, they MIGHT be:
Incoming: pop3.live.com
Outgoing: smtp.live.com

But there are many variations, including Port numbers, whether to check SSL
and SPA...and other details.

Lots of good information here:
Welcome to the Windows Live Solution Center
http://windowslivehelp.com/

Your best bet is to ask the person or company that gets the check you send
every month. The rest of us are just guessing.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"starrshines" wrote in message

starrshines

starrshines said:
starrshines

Erin said:
I do not know what to put for my ingoing and outgoing server names. I
have
never even heard of that before. The last part of my email would be
@live.com
Could anyone help me with this? Thank you :]

The last time I checked, free accounts through live.com
did not allow any connection method that Windows
Mail can handle. Better check with live.com to see if they
even have connection instructions for Windows Mail,
rather than forcing you to switch to Windows Live Mail
in order to get the new connection method they now use.

Robert Miles

Gary VanderMolen

Live accounts (Hotmail/MSN/Live.com) work fine in Windows Mail.
Just follow these setup instructions:

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)