OT: text editor that selects rectangular blocks of text

BEN.RITCHEY

* An ongoing debate between Wylbur37 and All rages on ...

| W> I'm looking for a freeware text editor that selects rectangular blocks
| W> of text by click-and-drag (and/or Shift-key and arrow-key).
| W> Is there a freeware text editor that works that way?

There's a package I use daily (ahem-ware, unrestricted shareware) that
does it quite nicely called PC-Write (v4.15 is what you'll find, 4.16 is
licensed and non-distributable). Should be easy to locate and it's DOS
based - works great in Windows DOS box. 4.15 is about a 1.7 MB archive ...

--
Be well,

: Ben aka cMech http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/m/cmech617/
:
+ WildCat! Board 24/7 (337) 232-4155 33.6kBps 8,N,1
--- GoldEd+/DOS v1.1.5cm
# Origin: FamilyNet - The Positronium Repository (8:8/337)
* Origin: RexServ - The Positronium Repository (8:8/337)

Remove Underscores

* An ongoing debate between Wylbur37 and All rages on ...

| W> I'm looking for a freeware text editor that selects rectangular
blocks
| W> of text by click-and-drag (and/or Shift-key and arrow-key).
| W> Is there a freeware text editor that works that way?

There's a package I use daily (ahem-ware, unrestricted shareware) that
does it quite nicely called PC-Write (v4.15 is what you'll find, 4.16 is
licensed and non-distributable). Should be easy to locate and it's DOS
based - works great in Windows DOS box. 4.15 is about a 1.7 MB archive ...

PSPad
http://www.pspad.com/

does this and about a zillion other things.