[OT] Stupid response from MS about C# spec typo

Sam Sungshik Kong

(This posting might be off-topic.)

Hello!

Today, I got a very funny email from Microsoft ContactUs. I want to share
the story with this group. I am not anti-MS. I just don't understand the way
they do. Let's just think about this kinda absurd situation...:)

Days ago, I downloaded a C# 2.0 Specification from
http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/6/81682478-4018-48fe-9e5e-f87
a44af3db9/SpecificationVer2.doc .

I found the link from
http://weblogs.asp.net/sbehera/archive/0001/01/01/232485.aspx which popped
up from google search.

I found a typo at page# 66. It says "sematically" instead of "semantically"
(n is missing). Of course, it's not a big deal. However, I wanted to let MS
know that. And I reported it from MS Contact Us page. They sent me an email
and requested the site url from which I downloaded it. I replied with the
two url's above.

Today, I got a reply saying the following.

<snip>
I am sorry to inform you that Microsoft is not the best group to address
your concern on the typhographical error you have located.

Your concern is best addressed by Suresh Behera Contact. Their Web site is
http://weblogs.asp.net/sbehera/contact.aspx. Please note that Suresh Behera
is not related to Microsoft.

I am sorry I cannot be of further help on this matter. If you have other
concerns, please feel free to write back.
</snip>

Isn't it funny? What could Suresh Behera do if I informed him/her of the
typo? He/she may have to contact MS again like me. Then what would MS say
about it?

Are some resources of MS site controled by some people who are not related
to MS? If the reply from MS is serious, then this is my best guess.

At first, I thought that the message was handled by a very stupid AI
program. Probably not, right?

Here's the whole message.

-------

Hello Sam,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.com Customer Support regarding the "C#
Version 2.0 Specification" Microsoft Word document file located at this
site: http://weblogs.asp.net/sbehera/archive/0001/01/01/232485.aspx.

I am sorry to inform you that Microsoft is not the best group to address
your concern on the typhographical error you have located.

Your concern is best addressed by Suresh Behera Contact. Their Web site is
http://weblogs.asp.net/sbehera/contact.aspx. Please note that Suresh Behera
is not related to Microsoft.

I am sorry I cannot be of further help on this matter. If you have other
concerns, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,

Microsoft.com Customer Support

PLEASE NOTE THAT BY USING ANY REFERENCED LINKS, YOU WILL ACCESS THIRD PARTY
SITES. SUCH SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF MICROSOFT AND MICROSOFT IS
NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH SITES, THE CONTENTS OF SUCH SITES, ANY LINK
CONTAINED IN SUCH SITES, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH SITES. IN
ADDITION, SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES MAY HAVE THEIR OWN PRIVACY POLICIES AND YOU
SHOULD REVIEW SUCH PRIVACY POLICIES BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL
INFORMATION TO SUCH SITES; MICROSOFT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW SUCH SITES
COLLECT OR USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU. MICROSOFT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR
WEBCASTING OR ANY OTHER FORM OF TRANSMISSION RECEIVED FROM ANY LINKED SITE.
MICROSOFT IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE AND THE
INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY MICROSOFT OF THE LINKED
SITE.