OT: New tutorial for those struggling with preparing images.

E. T. Culling

Paint Shop Pro v.9 - Preparing your Photographs for the Web
The new version of PSP is out now but this tutorial will work fine for
version 8 as well. Here's a summary:

"So, there you have it: Select your photo, resize it for use on your web
page, view it at 100%, and try the Auto fix possibility. If that doesn't
work well enough do for a histogram adjustment or maybe Brightness/contrast
will do the trick. You may need to balance the color and saturation. Often
Clarify will do wonders before you use the unsharp mask and finally the JPEG
optimizer. I realize that sounds like a long process, but with practice you
can work through it quite quickly. Any problems with this tutorial??? Please
contact me."
And who will proof this for me? And, of course, I'd appreciate comments.

Eleanor

http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PSPv9/index.htm

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Looks good.

The pop ups could be bigger, they're not much bigger than the originals and for us old farts they're still hard to read.

Does PSP have the linear type histogram as well as the x/y kinda thingie?

R.

| Paint Shop Pro v.9 - Preparing your Photographs for the Web
| The new version of PSP is out now but this tutorial will work fine for
| version 8 as well. Here's a summary:
|
| "So, there you have it: Select your photo, resize it for use on your web
| page, view it at 100%, and try the Auto fix possibility. If that doesn't
| work well enough do for a histogram adjustment or maybe Brightness/contrast
| will do the trick. You may need to balance the color and saturation. Often
| Clarify will do wonders before you use the unsharp mask and finally the JPEG
| optimizer. I realize that sounds like a long process, but with practice you
| can work through it quite quickly. Any problems with this tutorial??? Please
| contact me."
| And who will proof this for me? And, of course, I'd appreciate comments.
|
| Eleanor
|
| http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PSPv9/index.htm

E. T. Culling

Sorry Rob, I don't know what you mean by a linear type histogram.
When are you going to try this great program??
Eleanor

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Looks good.

The pop ups could be bigger, they're not much bigger than the originals and
for us old farts they're still hard to read.

Does PSP have the linear type histogram as well as the x/y kinda thingie?

R.

| Paint Shop Pro v.9 - Preparing your Photographs for the Web
| The new version of PSP is out now but this tutorial will work fine for
| version 8 as well. Here's a summary:
|
| "So, there you have it: Select your photo, resize it for use on your web
| page, view it at 100%, and try the Auto fix possibility. If that doesn't
| work well enough do for a histogram adjustment or maybe
Brightness/contrast
| will do the trick. You may need to balance the color and saturation. Often
| Clarify will do wonders before you use the unsharp mask and finally the
JPEG
| optimizer. I realize that sounds like a long process, but with practice
you
| can work through it quite quickly. Any problems with this tutorial???
Please
| contact me."
| And who will proof this for me? And, of course, I'd appreciate comments.
|
| Eleanor
|
| http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PSPv9/index.htm

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

I think at the end of the article you should put two pictures, one original
just cropped, and the finished one worked over like you've done and
optimized along with instructions for people to check their file sizes.

it's always been cool to see a picture that is actually better looking than
the original at a fraction of the original file size. I guess that's one
good thing about the low resolution of computer monitors. ;-)

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

Please feel free to contact me here:
http://nedp.net/contact/

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Someday I'll buy it, right now I'm saving up my euro to buy Xara X1.

Histogram...,,, PS has two versions one is a horizontal format, and then it has the x/y histogram like in your PSP examples (with the "bendy" adjuster line) ... boy, I sound like noob trying to explain that.

Hey...I like your travel pix. You using a digital cam?

later...

r.

| Sorry Rob, I don't know what you mean by a linear type histogram.
| When are you going to try this great program??
| Eleanor
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Looks good.
|
| The pop ups could be bigger, they're not much bigger than the originals and
| for us old farts they're still hard to read.
|
| Does PSP have the linear type histogram as well as the x/y kinda thingie?
|
| R.

| | |
| | Paint Shop Pro v.9 - Preparing your Photographs for the Web
| | The new version of PSP is out now but this tutorial will work fine for
| | version 8 as well. Here's a summary:
| |
| | "So, there you have it: Select your photo, resize it for use on your web
| | page, view it at 100%, and try the Auto fix possibility. If that doesn't
| | work well enough do for a histogram adjustment or maybe
| Brightness/contrast
| | will do the trick. You may need to balance the color and saturation. Often
| | Clarify will do wonders before you use the unsharp mask and finally the
| JPEG
| | optimizer. I realize that sounds like a long process, but with practice
| you
| | can work through it quite quickly. Any problems with this tutorial???
| Please
| | contact me."
| | And who will proof this for me? And, of course, I'd appreciate comments.
| |
| | Eleanor
| |
| | http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PSPv9/index.htm
| |
| |
| |

E. T. Culling

Here's some thoughts about my photography and camera.
http://www.eleanorstravels.com/photography.htm
At the end of the month I'm going down to Colorado for a Fall Color Photo
Safari ... a group of avid photographers with two fine leader-teachers.
Should be my kind of fun!

wrote in message Someday I'll buy it, right now I'm saving up my euro to buy Xara X1.

Histogram...,,, PS has two versions one is a horizontal format, and then it
has the x/y histogram like in your PSP examples (with the "bendy" adjuster
line) ... boy, I sound like noob trying to explain that.

Hey...I like your travel pix. You using a digital cam?

later...

r.

| Sorry Rob, I don't know what you mean by a linear type histogram.
| When are you going to try this great program??
| Eleanor
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Looks good.
|
| The pop ups could be bigger, they're not much bigger than the originals
and
| for us old farts they're still hard to read.
|
| Does PSP have the linear type histogram as well as the x/y kinda thingie?
|
| R.

| | |
| | Paint Shop Pro v.9 - Preparing your Photographs for the Web
| | The new version of PSP is out now but this tutorial will work fine for
| | version 8 as well. Here's a summary:
| |
| | "So, there you have it: Select your photo, resize it for use on your
web
| | page, view it at 100%, and try the Auto fix possibility. If that doesn't
| | work well enough do for a histogram adjustment or maybe
| Brightness/contrast
| | will do the trick. You may need to balance the color and saturation.
Often
| | Clarify will do wonders before you use the unsharp mask and finally the
| JPEG
| | optimizer. I realize that sounds like a long process, but with practice
| you
| | can work through it quite quickly. Any problems with this tutorial???
| Please
| | contact me."
| | And who will proof this for me? And, of course, I'd appreciate comments.
| |
| | Eleanor
| |