OT - mydoom parody

Laura Fredericks

--
Laura Fredericks
PGP key ID - DH/DSS 2048/1024: 0xC753039A

alt.comp.virus photo gallery:
http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/acvgallery/

usenet flamewars:
http://www.queenofcyberspace.com/usenet/

Remove CLOTHES to reply.

Norman said:
Has that page been changed since you posted the URL? I don't see any
MyDoom parody on that page.

Norman "wandering off to pout and eat worms" De Forest

Nope, still there, still hilarious. Don't that just say it all?? Sad,
but true...

%jayjwa% RLF#37 "Gnu for ALL. SCO Never."
xNewb: "Plz! I can't make GUI in my startx-
him say 'No Screens Found!' I use RedHat..
plz help Kind Sir what wrong my "Linux"?!

cquirke (MVP Win9x)

[/QUOTE]

It is indeed!

Lotsa folks don't have a clue, and the fellow who wrote
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/217 is one.

We don't need to browbeat users into buying new software every 2 years
(and new PCs to run it on), no matter how self-serving that may be.

We just have to break the "bundled-with..." monopoly pressure and get
them onto decent sware. A 10-year-old version of Eudora or Pegasus is
usually safer than a 3-year-old version of MSware, and is a smaller
download than the patches to fix the MSware.

None of which patches the "hole" of users who click on code
attachments. The "hole" is in this case is in the user's head;
replace user and press any key to continue.

------------ ----- --- -- - - - -
Drugs are usually safe. Inject? (Y/n)

null

None of which patches the "hole" of users who click on code
attachments. The "hole" is in this case is in the user's head;
replace user and press any key to continue.

Ah, another Quirkism I can steal :) Patch the hole in the user's head.
Very good! I hope you don't mind people using your gems without
attributing the source all the time. I just can't resist using "email
attackments", and I think that one is becoming a classic.

Art
http://www.epix.net/~artnpeg

FromTheRafters

It is indeed!

Lotsa folks don't have a clue, and the fellow who wrote
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/217 is one.

We don't need to browbeat users into buying new software every 2 years
(and new PCs to run it on), no matter how self-serving that may be.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that you saw this too, in fact it is the upgrading into the new
and unknown that actually causes some (if not most) of what we have
been seeing.

Norman L. DeForest

Nope, still there, still hilarious. Don't that just say it all?? Sad,
but true...

Well, this is what I see with lynx[1]:
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/temp/2814859.txt
I don't see any parody there. Or am I supposed to follow some link on the
page? If so, which link?

Norman "Hmm, worms don't taste too bad with a
little of Dave's Insanity Sauce on them" De Forest

[1] Note: Nothing in my temp directory has a guaranteed lifetime of more
than a week.

FromTheRafters

Bart Bailey said:
Thanks Jack, my browser didn't load an image either.
BTW: I noticed the can has an "easy open" pull tab. ;-)

I can't tell from this angle if it has "open other end"
written on the bottom though.

cquirke (MVP Win9x)

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 16:34:31 +0200, "cquirke (MVP Win9x)"

Very alt.tech-support.recovery ("bring back the LART" etc.) said:
Very good! I hope you don't mind people using your gems without
attributing the source all the time. I just can't resist using "email
attackments", and I think that one is becoming a classic.

Or "emaul attackments". Reach out and kosh somebody!

You're welcome :)

-------------------- ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
Running Windows-based av to kill active malware is like striking
a match to see if what you are standing in is water or petrol.

scoopdamedia

The parody would be that those that clicked on it GET MYDOOM worms!
Jack the Bear said:
.

Well, this is what I see with lynx[1]:
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/temp/2814859.txt
I don't see any parody there. Or am I supposed to follow some link on the
page? If so, which link?

If your browser did pix, you'd see:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/happyzeppelin/images/canoworms.jpg

HTH - Jack.