OT - Killfile - Plonk - Gone

El Gee

Regulars and ACF Visitors:

AAFussy/AAfuss/Name of the week post here regularly. His goals are
unclear. Does he want us to really use his software or is he a troll?
I do not know nor do I care.

I personally found myself responding to his posts even after I *swore* I
wouldn't. I was weak. I am sorry.

If we must post replies to his posts (which we prolly should not), I
suggest we do it in such a way as to stay as professional as possible.
I suggest we reply with something like "Not approved or endorsed by the
ACF members and leave it at that. If we want to wage war on AAFussy,
then we should do it in our own space

JMHO, YMMV.

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
El Gee <><

Remove yourhat to reply
Home Page - www.mistergeek.com
Blog - mcwtlg.blogger.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

aafuss

Actually, Jo for instance said bMix appeals to kids-some of the
software is useful to some, but you don't have to use it, if wished
to-I'm not a troll, just suggesting my freeware if appropiate. I could
mark babya posts with [BABYA] for example to clear it up ordiscuss
Babya software at my forums instead of here .

MightyKitten

El said:
Regulars and ACF Visitors:

AAFussy/AAfuss/Name of the week post here regularly. His goals are
unclear. Does he want us to really use his software or is he a troll?
I do not know nor do I care.

I personally found myself responding to his posts even after I
*swore* I wouldn't. I was weak. I am sorry.

If we must post replies to his posts (which we prolly should not), I
suggest we do it in such a way as to stay as professional as possible.
I suggest we reply with something like "Not approved or endorsed by
the ACF members and leave it at that. If we want to wage war on
AAFussy, then we should do it in our own space

JMHO, YMMV.

Actualy, AAFuss is australian, and my guess he is like the native platypus.

If has a beak like a duck, but it isn't
It has a body of a rat, but it isn't
It has a tail of a beaver, but it isn't
but it is a strange unique kind of animal.

Such is Aafuss too

Aafuss looks like a troll, but he isn't (not realy at least)
Aafuss looks like a programmer, but he isn't (Sorry fuss, with your quality
of work you just do not qualify)
Aafus looks like a kind of AI/Robot replier is you look at his answers) but
he isn't He's real.
But he is a strange an unique individual.

Maybe his next nickname should be platypus?

MightyKitten

Semolina Pilchard

Regulars and ACF Visitors:

AAFussy/AAfuss/Name of the week post here regularly. His goals are
unclear. Does he want us to really use his software or is he a troll?
I do not know nor do I care.

I personally found myself responding to his posts even after I *swore* I
wouldn't. I was weak. I am sorry.

If we must post replies to his posts (which we prolly should not), I
suggest we do it in such a way as to stay as professional as possible.
I suggest we reply with something like "Not approved or endorsed by the
ACF members and leave it at that. If we want to wage war on AAFussy,
then we should do it in our own space

Why reply at all? What does it matter what his motive is? The
software's of no interest, never has been, never will be.

History repeats itself every time with A.A. Fussy. He returns to the
group, most people killfile him and then have to suffer the lame
attempts at wit or cheap indignation of those who don't have sense to
ignore him.

Seems to me there are only two possible appropriate courses of action:
for those who believe he is spamming or trolling, take it up with his
ISP; otherwise ignore him and give us a bit of peace from this total
irrelevance.

aafuss

Just ignore meor just don't reply to my posts. Please ingnore/report
3iff though-I can't stand what he spams here though.

Bob Adams

aafuss said:
Actually, Jo for instance said bMix appeals to kids-some of the
software is useful to some, but you don't have to use it, if wished
to-I'm not a troll, just suggesting my freeware if appropiate. I could
mark babya posts with [BABYA] for example to clear it up ordiscuss
Babya software at my forums instead of here .
YES! Please go away.

Bob Adkins

Regulars and ACF Visitors:

AAFussy/AAfuss/Name of the week post here regularly. His goals are
unclear. Does he want us to really use his software or is he a troll?
I do not know nor do I care.

I personally found myself responding to his posts even after I *swore* I
wouldn't. I was weak. I am sorry.

If we must post replies to his posts (which we prolly should not), I
suggest we do it in such a way as to stay as professional as possible.
I suggest we reply with something like "Not approved or endorsed by the
ACF members and leave it at that. If we want to wage war on AAFussy,
then we should do it in our own space

In my neighborhood, there is a long tradition of mentoring and encouraging
youngsters, not bullying them. If bullies jump on a kid, the neighbors run
to their rescue, not pile on. You see, my neighborhood allows youngsters to
pursue their dreams too, not just adults. AAFussy is only 14 or 15 years
old, still a kid. No, his software is not first rate yet, but he deserves
encouragement, not the brutal pounding he is getting for his endless hours
of coding. As for the frequent "spamming", I do not condone that. AAFussy
needs to be gently reminded that it's not polite.

You go AAFussy! Follow your dreams, and don't let anyone discourage you. As
your skills progress, you may come up with that "killer app" some day.
Ignore the selfish old curmudgeons that are impolite to you, and always be
polite yourself. Watch the spamming. Good luck!

-- Bob

Mike Andrade

You go AAFussy! Follow your dreams, and don't let anyone
discourage you.

Like responding with this?
From: "Bob Adams" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: OT - Killfile - Plonk - Gone
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:23:29 -0500

aafuss said:
Actually, Jo for instance said bMix appeals to kids-some of the
software is useful to some, but you don't have to use it, if wished
to-I'm not a troll, just suggesting my freeware if appropiate. I
could
mark babya posts with [BABYA] for example to clear it up ordiscuss
Babya software at my forums instead of here .
YES! Please go away.

KeithS

aafuss wrote:

I could
<snip> discuss
Babya software at my forums instead of here .
I think we'd all like that very much. Very kind of you. Thank you.
You're a really nice person, and a really warm human being.

Semolina Pilchard

In my neighborhood, there is a long tradition of mentoring and encouraging
youngsters, not bullying them. If bullies jump on a kid, the neighbors run
to their rescue, not pile on. You see, my neighborhood allows youngsters to
pursue their dreams too, not just adults. AAFussy is only 14 or 15 years
old, still a kid.

Maybe. But he must have begun coding very young, because he started
years ago on the shell sites. It's equally likely that he's 45.
No, his software is not first rate yet, but he deserves
encouragement, not the brutal pounding he is getting for his endless hours
of coding. As for the frequent "spamming", I do not condone that. AAFussy
needs to be gently reminded that it's not polite.

But he has been. For years. More times than I've had hot dinners.
Do you see him politely complying? Also, to say his software "is not
first rate yet" is roughly equivalent to saying the Atlantic Ocean's
slightly damp.
You go AAFussy! Follow your dreams, and don't let anyone discourage you. As
your skills progress, you may come up with that "killer app" some day.
Ignore the selfish old curmudgeons that are impolite to you, and always be
polite yourself. Watch the spamming. Good luck!

My cat's working on a killer app right now. It'll be ready ten years
before Fussy's will.

elaich

You go AAFussy! Follow your dreams, and don't let anyone discourage
you. As your skills progress, you may come up with that "killer app"
some day. Ignore the selfish old curmudgeons that are impolite to you,
and always be polite yourself. Watch the spamming. Good luck!

I do agree, and also agree that AAFussy should prefix his posts with
[Babya} so that those who want to can easily killfile them. It's better for
them, it's better for him and better for the group. Who wants to read all
this endless bickering?

(ProteanThread)

El said:
Regulars and ACF Visitors:

AAFussy/AAfuss/Name of the week post here regularly. His goals are
unclear. Does he want us to really use his software or is he a troll?
I do not know nor do I care.

I personally found myself responding to his posts even after I *swore* I
wouldn't. I was weak. I am sorry.

If we must post replies to his posts (which we prolly should not), I
suggest we do it in such a way as to stay as professional as possible.
I suggest we reply with something like "Not approved or endorsed by the
ACF members and leave it at that. If we want to wage war on AAFussy,
then we should do it in our own space

JMHO, YMMV.

Hard to stay professional when...when...when...when...when...

(ProteanThread)

Semolina said:
Maybe. But he must have begun coding very young, because he started
years ago on the shell sites. It's equally likely that he's 45.

But he has been. For years. More times than I've had hot dinners.
Do you see him politely complying? Also, to say his software "is not
first rate yet" is roughly equivalent to saying the Atlantic Ocean's
slightly damp.

My cat's working on a killer app right now. It'll be ready ten years
before Fussy's will.

So, um, what's you're point? seems in this group when someone disagrees
with someone else or someone is in the minority then that person is
usually labled a troll. the truest definition of a troll has been
blurred over the years by trigger happy shreks, especially in this group.

(ProteanThread)

elaich said:
You go AAFussy! Follow your dreams, and don't let anyone discourage
you. As your skills progress, you may come up with that "killer app"
some day. Ignore the selfish old curmudgeons that are impolite to you,
and always be polite yourself. Watch the spamming. Good luck!

I do agree, and also agree that AAFussy should prefix his posts with
[Babya} so that those who want to can easily killfile them. It's better for
them, it's better for him and better for the group. Who wants to read all
this endless bickering?

People who have nothing better to do on a friday night except order take
out and grab a beer. :)

Bob Adkins

Maybe. But he must have begun coding very young, because he started
years ago on the shell sites. It's equally likely that he's 45.

If you had any kids, you would know they would NEVER lie about being
younger. A 45 YO man would NEVER claim to be 14 or 15. He would claim to be
21. I may be wrong, but I bet I'm close.

I've known several 12-13 year old kids that started dabbling in scripts and
coding. Frankly, it makes me jealous as hell, but I do not beat up on them.
Even the best developers today have developed a stinker or 2. What if
everyone had piled on them and said they would "never produce a good
program"?

I think it's mean and even a little sadistic to viciously criticize a
youngster who is trying his best. But that's just me. It may be acceptable
behavior in some cultures.

-- Bob

Vic Dura

In my neighborhood, there is a long tradition of mentoring and encouraging
youngsters, not bullying them. If bullies jump on a kid, the neighbors run
to their rescue, not pile on.

Nice post Bob.