OS in movies

Reaction score
Anyone who uses computers will probably agree that one of the most far fetched thing about TV and movies is not the monsters or aliens or flying at warp speed, but the way computers work boot up in one second, operate at lightning fast speeds and have access to any system on the planet. No one ever seems to use a mouse...it's all nimble keyboard work by 'hackers', who are all geeks and nerds, and PC screens are flush with windows that don't look much like anything you see on a PC or Mac desktop. Take a look at Die Hard 4 or Spooks or any number of movies or TV programmes and look for the flash little windows pulled up when checking terrorist profiles and stuff...you'll see one window with a photo of someone who looks very fishy, and another window with some 'profile' information that an actor seems to be reading, and at least one window that has some text scrolling down it as if it was just being received. All of this will usually be in some sort of monochrome or dark blue/gray, so it looks real 'spy-like'. ...

My point?

Anyone know where i can get an OS that looks that cool?
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I know what you mean!!

Another thing is how bank transfers come with a percentage bar as they are transferred - only to be stopped at 99% ;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I know what you mean!!

Another thing is how bank transfers come with a percentage bar as they are transferred - only to be stopped at 99% ;)

Indeed.

And how all hackers are universally trained in real-time decoding of binary :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Speed typing , whew ! The speed at which they can type and talk and work out really complex ideas all at the same time . Phew !!

bowdown.gif

Ask a Question