Orcs Must Die

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I picked up "Orcs Must Die" for a couple of quid when it was in the Steam sale a couple of weeks ago... and it's pretty darn good! It's a like a tower defence game and a basic FPS combined. The aim is to defend your castle/fortress from a bunch of Orcs using a series of traps, spells and weapons:

Very fun if you can get this for a couple of quid! Some of the later levels can be pretty challenging.

Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/102600/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well I wish I'd gone for that one cos I managed to buy a few turkeys :D Orcs Must Die is currently £12 I'll wait for it to come round in a sale again.

Recent Steam purchases I bought wot I consider a bit Rubbish:

Grotesque Strategies, both of them absolutely boring
Alien Vs Predator, poor gameplay, murky
The Baconing, another episode of Deathspank, which was good, but this one doesn't work. Also very difficult imo
Cthulhu Saves The World - Tosh
Breath Of Death VII - Ruubbish
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - Baloney
Oddworld: Abe's Exoduss - Crap
Terraria - pointless
Devil May Cry 4 - Fiddly & difficult, imo, which is a shame cos I enjoyed the first few levels then got the pox with it
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - V_R was right - it's a pile of poop

Also not sure about Amnesia but the jury's still out on that one.

Fortunately they were all cheap, the majority very cheap, like 49p each for the Abe games which, incidentally do run on Win 7 but date from '97 and '98, have awful graphics and lousy gameplay.

So there we go, Flops' list of Steam Turkeys :)

Fortunately I bought some bargains that I'm enjoying a great deal so it's not all doom & gloom.

I will earmark Orcs Must Die for future purchase.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That looks great and like Flopp's has already said will wait for another steam sale and grab it cheap!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I only paid around £3 for it with 2 DLC packs - so I'm sure it will be reduced again very soon :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I bought orcs must die for full price 1 or 2 days before the steam sale :/ . Love it though.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I nearly bought that, kinda wish i did now... Oh well, it will be on sale again soon no doubt. :)

I was quite reserved in this sale, only got a few bits, LA Noire, Dead Island and Hard Reset.

Also not sure about Amnesia but the jury's still out on that one.
Stick with it, i was very unsure about it too, but once you get into it its actually really good. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Orcs Must Die on sale right now for £2.99 until tomorrow afternoon at Steam.

Mine is downloading now.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well worth picking up at that price (IMO) - especially if you like tower defense type games :).

Hope you like it!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't actually know what a Tower Defense game is, don't think I've ever played one before so should be interesting.

A few days ago I returned to Overlord 2 (another Steam offer, all 3 Overlord games for a bargain price at the time) and have been playing that a lot, great game, imo, but I think, right now, I shall fire up the Orcs thingie.

Ask a Question