Opening Word, excel, pdf from within vb application

Q

Q

Hello you all,

I have to write a .NET application (VB.NET) where the user can open
spreadsheets, word documents, pdf documents, textfiles.... from within the
same window.
I was thinking of using a RichTextBox but that doesn't seem to do the job.
The files itselfs come from within a SQL-database. They are stored as a
binary field (using BLOB).
Any suggestions??

Regards,

Q

M

Michael M.

You can try embeding the ole servers for office and abode to read display the files.

Hello you all,

I have to write a .NET application (VB.NET) where the user can open spreadsheets, word documents, pdf documents, textfiles.... from within the same window.
I was thinking of using a RichTextBox but that doesn't seem to do the job. The files itselfs come from within a SQL-database. They are stored as a binary field (using BLOB).
Any suggestions??

Regards,

Q

M

Michel Posseth [MCP]

only control i can think of that is able to show these documents within your own app is the webbrowser control ) ofcourse only if office and acrobat reader is installed on the system )

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]
"Michael M." <[email protected]> schreef in bericht You can try embeding the ole servers for office and abode to read display the files.

Hello you all,

I have to write a .NET application (VB.NET) where the user can open spreadsheets, word documents, pdf documents, textfiles.... from within the same window.
I was thinking of using a RichTextBox but that doesn't seem to do the job. The files itselfs come from within a SQL-database. They are stored as a binary field (using BLOB).
Any suggestions??

Regards,

Q

Q

Q

Thanks for the info Michel,

still got one problem. The only component I can find is "BROWSER CLASS". Is
this the component you are talking about or did you mean another one?
If it is not the one you meant, where can I find it and what references do I
have to add?

Thanks,

Q
"Michel Posseth [MCP]" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
only control i can think of that is able to show these documents within
your own app is the webbrowser control ) ofcourse only if office and
acrobat reader is installed on the system )

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]
"Michael M." <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
You can try embeding the ole servers for office and abode to read
display the files.

Hello you all,

I have to write a .NET application (VB.NET) where the user can open
spreadsheets, word documents, pdf documents, textfiles.... from within the
same window.
I was thinking of using a RichTextBox but that doesn't seem to do the
job. The files itselfs come from within a SQL-database. They are stored as a
binary field (using BLOB).
Any suggestions??

Regards,

Q

M

Michael M.

In version 2005 / 2005 express there is toolbox component that is called a browser.

Mike.
Thanks for the info Michel,

still got one problem. The only component I can find is "BROWSER CLASS". Is this the component you are talking about or did you mean another one?
If it is not the one you meant, where can I find it and what references do I have to add?

Thanks,

Q
"Michel Posseth [MCP]" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht only control i can think of that is able to show these documents within your own app is the webbrowser control ) ofcourse only if office and acrobat reader is installed on the system )

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]
"Michael M." <[email protected]> schreef in bericht You can try embeding the ole servers for office and abode to read display the files.

Hello you all,

Any suggestions??

Regards,

Q

Ask a Question