Convert Word doc to PDF in VB?

J

Jeff Mason

Hi,

I am looking for a software component that will allow me to convert a MS Word doc
file to PDF from within my application.

I'm using VB.NET and I'm currently doing the conversion sucessfully by firing up the
Word object model in the app and using the distiller to "print" to a file.

This works fine, but can be slow.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a software component callable from within a VB.NET
app that will do this conversion for me without using Word/Distiller directly. I've
looked around, but what I've seen is any number of converter applications which do
way more than I need. I'm not interested in any fancy editting capabilities, or
interactive or batch converters, so what I've seen so far is way overkill for my
needs.

What I'd like is a component that I can use in my code and tell it, "convert this doc
file over here to a PDF file and put it over there". That's it.

Freeware is good, but I'm quite willing to pay for something if it does what I need
without superfluous frills.

Thanks,

J

Jeff Mason

Search http://www.google.com then. Its the best an easiest way

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE

I'm well aware of google, thank you very much. Perhaps you could advise me on just
HOW to search google for what I am looking for? HINT: I already did, and all I could
find was products which were substantial overkill for what I needed to do, as my
original post indicated...

Ask a Question