opening the same incoming emails from two different computers

Hi, can anyone help?

I've configured the same pop3 email accounts into my desktop and my laptop.
The problem is, when there is a new incoming email, if I open it from the
laptop, the new email won't appear at all on the desktop OL. And vice versa.
I'd like to keep and archive all emails on my desktop without having to
forward opened emails from the laptop back to myself on the desktop. Does
anyone know how to retrieve the same incoming emails from two different OL
locations?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndreasRoeder

G said:
Hi, can anyone help?

I've configured the same pop3 email accounts into my desktop and my
laptop. The problem is, when there is a new incoming email, if I open
it from the laptop, the new email won't appear at all on the desktop
OL. And vice versa. I'd like to keep and archive all emails on my
desktop without having to forward opened emails from the laptop back
to myself on the desktop. Does anyone know how to retrieve the same
incoming emails from two different OL locations?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
you have the chance to enable the option "leave a copy on the server"
Open Outlook > Tools > Email Account > Show or change existing Email
Accounts > select your mail account > change >
more settings > Other Tab

(I have the german version of outlook, so not all options have the same
names, but the same meaning. You will find the point)

SgtRich

Hi, can anyone help?

I've configured the same pop3 email accounts into my desktop and my laptop.
The problem is, when there is a new incoming email, if I open it from the
laptop, the new email won't appear at all on the desktop OL. And vice versa.
I'd like to keep and archive all emails on my desktop without having to
forward opened emails from the laptop back to myself on the desktop. Does
anyone know how to retrieve the same incoming emails from two different OL
locations?
You would need to specify, on both computers, that you want a copy of
messages retained on your mail server. You could then set an option to
automatically delete all messages from your mail server every so many
days. Otherwise, your mail server would fill up quickly and no longer
receive any new messages.

Gordon

"G has questions about OL" <G has questions about
Hi, can anyone help?

I've configured the same pop3 email accounts into my desktop and my laptop.
The problem is, when there is a new incoming email, if I open it from the
laptop, the new email won't appear at all on the desktop OL. And vice versa.
I'd like to keep and archive all emails on my desktop without having to
forward opened emails from the laptop back to myself on the desktop. Does
anyone know how to retrieve the same incoming emails from two different OL
locations?

Are your laptop and desktop connected by a network? If so you can point
Outlook at the pst file on the desktop, and use Offline files on the laptop
to synch the mail folders with your desktop when not connected. (Be warned -
the procedure is NOT supported by Microsoft)