Opening a Lotus Notes Database

Is it possible to open a Lotus Notes database in Access like you can in Lotus
Approach? I really don't want to use Approach for any of my work. If so,
How?

Thanks,
Mike

I assume by Open you mean get at the data within a Lotus Notes database.
If I assume correct then you can use an ODBC linked table using a NotesSQL
DSN.
Type NotesSQL into google and download and run it to install the Notes SQL
ODBC driver. Create a DSN in Data sources (ODBC) in Control Panel to link to
your Notes Databases and then create linked tables in access.
This driver is very slow so I suggest you pull the data from notes into
local tables before working on the data.

David Lloyd

Mike:

One alternative is to use a Notes ODBC driver. You can then link Notes
tables directly into Access. You can find information on one such ODBC
driver here:

http://www.lotus.com/products/produ...81944584085256e20006db691?OpenDocument--David LloydMCSD .NEThttp://LemingtonConsulting.comThis response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties."MikeH" <[email protected]> wrote in messageit possible to open a Lotus Notes database in Access like you can inLotusApproach? I really don't want to use Approach for any of my work. If so,How?Thanks,Mike