Windows Vista Open Office Aplications

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Anyone out there hadanything to do with Open Office. I was led to believe that it was totally compatible with MS Word and Excel. I find no problems with Open Office Documents and Word but cannot get Excel spreadsheets to be reproduced on Open Office Spreadsheet. :mad:

Many of the figures are simply hash marks and many other boxes contain Error 504 which, it seems, is a Parameter List Error. This is explained as "Function Parameter is not valid e.g. text instead of a number or a domain reference instead of a cell reference." :confused:

Anyone used it with XP? I'm on Vista.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep, had loads of problems with OO, especially in Vista ... so much so, I went back to MS Office 2003. :eek:

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
which version of excel was the file saved as? You can use the free Excel Viewer if you don't need to modify it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN

Thanks Ian.
It's Excel 2003 info that is not seemingly compatible with the latest version of OO on a Vista system.

After downloading Excel Viewer I can now read the Excel 2003 data but as it's only a "Viewer" everything is Read-Only and of course I am unable to edit or add to it and that is really what I wish to do. I can find no info about the problem on the OO website.

Like Mucks, I may have to go back to MS Office 2003.

Ask a Question