Open in new window does not work

Pedro

I have a problem that seem to be common to many people as
I have found it explained in many discussion group over
the last week or so but I don't seem to be able to find a
solution that works for me. When I right-click on a link
to open it in a new window, a new browser window appears
with a content area that is tranparent, no URL in the
address field and the page just sits there doing nothing.
The same thing happens if I click on a link that open a
new page in a new browser window. If I paste a URL in the
address box, then everything works fine. It just like if
the URL was not being passed to the new windows and
nothing happens. This problem started after installing
and uninstalling ZoneALarm on my PC.

I have tried all these things (and more) with no luck:

- Installing IE6 (I had IE5 installed when the problem
started)
- Reinstalling Windows98
- Tried everything on that page:
us;Q281679&sd=tech
- Tried http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFIX.htm
- Tried CWShredder
- Tried MCrepair

Any help that you can provide would be appreciated!
Gracias
Pedro

I have tried everything suggested on the page you
suggested.

It now works perfectly!
Thanks a million Don!
Pedro
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

.