open every workbook in a new instance of excel

cate

Is there a way to make every workbook I open, open in a new excel
instance? If I open a workbook attachment, or a workbook on my
desktop .... I'd like it in a totally seperated workbook, not
'windowed' in a currently open workbook.

Lynn McGuire

Is there a way to make every workbook I open, open in a new excel
instance? If I open a workbook attachment, or a workbook on my
desktop .... I'd like it in a totally seperated workbook, not
'windowed' in a currently open workbook.

The only way that I have been able to do this is to start a new
instance of Excel and then open your XLS file with it.

Lynn

Jim Cone

Have you tried check marking "Windows in Taskbar" under Excel Options?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA