Only the Admin can login to our Win 2000 server

Ron Boetger

We have a problem that only our Administrator or any one with Admin
equivalents can login to our Windows 2000 server. Any ideas how to
fix this?

Thanks

Ron

Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]

Ron,

What error message are you receiving when someone other than 'Admin' tries
to logon? What client OS are you running?

Cary

David Pharr [MSFT]

As Cary indicated we need more information than what you've presented.
What is the exact error message?
Are there any error messages in the event viewer logs?
What changes were made just prior to this problem occurring?

For a quick check, make sure that crashonauditfail is not set to a REG_NONE
value. It is located in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA

The default value should be REG_DWORD with a setting of zero. If that gets
flipped, only administrators will be allowed to logon.
140058 How To Prevent Auditable Activities When Security Log Is Full
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=140058

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)