Nuff said :D :D :D

new pound coin.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
All I can say in reply,

11 ways to annoy a Yorkshire person

Tell them they’re tight

Yorkshire folk aren’t tight, just merely sensible with cash and refuse to be taken advantage of. It is, however, perfectly acceptable to spit out your Timothy Taylor’s on discovering it costs a fiver a pint in London.

20 signs you’re from Yorkshire

Homemade Yorkshire puddings are the only option.

woman-removing-yorkshire-puddings-from-a-baking-tray1.jpg

(Picture: Getty)

Sorry Aunt Bessie, you just won’t do. Homemade Yorkshire puddings are a real test of your Yorkshire roots. If you decide to go frozen, you will be judged.

You’re able to drop the c-bomb in everyday conversation.

Try saying the ever-so-innocent word ‘couldn’t’ in a Yorkshire accent…

You like a bargain.

‘Ow much?!’ is a phrase that will leave the mouths of most Yorkshire folk whenever they spend even the smallest amount of money. We like a bargain and aren’t afraid to admit it.

An a final word,

You knew what a ‘mardy bum’ was before the Arctic Monkeys song.

Yes this is a legitimate phrase that, to us Yorkshire folk, makes perfect sense. If you don’t appreciate our slang and use of language then quite frankly, you’re a bit of a mardy bum.

:cool:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
A couple more.

1. A Yorkshireman's wife sadly passes away. He decides to have the words 'She Were Thine' engraved on her headstone.
He calls the mason, explains what he wants, then goes to see the stone a few days later. He takes one look and to his horror, finds the mason has engraved 'She Were Thin'.
He yells: "The blummin' 'e' is missing! Where's the 'e'? Tha's left the blummin' 'e' out lad!"
The mason apologises profusely, and assures the widower it'll be right on the day.
The day of the funeral comes. The mourners leave the church and head out to the graveyard.
There, in the glow of the winter sun, is the pristine headstone. Upon it inscribed:
"Eeh, She Were Thin."

2. Wrigleys have launched a new website where you can order chewing gum online. It's called ebuygum.com!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The Farmer

A Farmer was ploughing his field, looked around and there at the gate was the visiting Parson.
So on next his circuit he stopped to pay his respects.
"My, but you and God have built a beautiful place together" said the Parson.
"Aye happen your right Parson" replied the Farmer, "but between thee 'an me, you should have see it when 'ee had it all to 'issen".

An an os joke but you have to be of a certin' age to ge'dit.

An Os

I was walking down the street t'other day when ah met me mate.
"Hows tha bin"? he asked.
"I feel like an 'os" ses I
"An 'os" ses he
"Aye lad, Champion"

For the uninitiated that is os as in "horse" not "operating system". :lol:

Ask a Question