one client can't connect

jmhollis

I have multiple clients connecting from a remote subnet to
a terminal server (applications mode). I have rebooted
the terminal server and the license server as well as the
workstation involved. The proplem is that ONLY ONE
workstation gets the message "The terminal server has
terminated the session" but the others connect fine.
Where do I look next?

Vera Noest [MVP]

Anything in the EventLog on the TS when this client is rejected?
Have you checked your licensing situation in TS Licensing Manager?

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi

Thank you for posting!

Vera is right. You may check the event logs of the TS and client to find
some clues. Also, I think the issue should exists on the client computer.

So, I suggest you try the following method.

1. Click Start and select Run on the cleint computer.

2. Type Regedit in the Open box and click OK.

3. Backup and delete the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing

4. Download and install the following tool on the client computer.

Remote Desktop Connection for Windows Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8255ffc-4b4a-40e7-
a706-cde7e9b57e79&DisplayLang=en

5. Use the tool to connect to the Terminal Server.

If the issue still exists, you may send the event logs to me at
(e-mail address removed). What is the OS on the client computer?

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Online Partner Support

from your issue.