On Windows XP Pro SP 2 My Motherboard have cancelled the integrated Sound system

P

Phyberlink

Hi,

My new Intel Motherboard Model # D945GTP LKR has an integrated Sound Card built in it.
I am running Win XP PRO with SP 2
The system cannot recognize the sound system.
I went to the Intel Website and I did this:
Updated BIOS
Updated AUDIO
Installed all patches.

I then went to Microsoft and I updated all securities, all criticals, I mean everything.
I rebooted, I still do not see any prompt that suggests (found new hardware)
I was able to listen to music for 2 months, but now all of a sudden, when I click on a song music file,
I get prompted that Media Player cannot find any sound DEVICES on your system, or if it is closed, enable it.
SO I then went to BIOS, and confirmed that the AUDIO Sound was indeed enabled.
I even shut down, opened the case, removed the coin battery for 10 minutes, re-installed it, booted
And before entering windows, I got prompted that the CMOS has been set and press any key, and so I pressed a key then
went to Windows. I then went to devise manager and I do NOT see any yellow exclamation marks or any question marks.
Devise Manager is all OK, The problem is as if someone removed the sound hardware, but this is impossible, it is part
of the Motherboard. The Processor is Pentium D 3.2 MhZ and I have 3 GHz of memory.
What in the world happened here? I can no longer hear music or anything, I even changed speaker to 3 different
ones, the speakers all play on another machine. I am going crazy. Please help

Thanks

Phyberlink

R

Rich Barry

You did install the Audio Drivers right? If Yes, Motherboard defective?
Hi,

My new Intel Motherboard Model # D945GTP LKR has an integrated Sound Card built in it.
Updated BIOS
Updated AUDIO
Installed all patches.

I then went to Microsoft and I updated all securities, all criticals, I mean everything.
I was able to listen to music for 2 months, but now all of a sudden, when I click on a song music file,
I get prompted that Media Player cannot find any sound DEVICES on your system, or if it is closed, enable it.
I even shut down, opened the case, removed the coin battery for 10 minutes, re-installed it, booted
And before entering windows, I got prompted that the CMOS has been set and press any key, and so I pressed a key then
went to Windows. I then went to devise manager and I do NOT see any yellow exclamation marks or any question marks.
Devise Manager is all OK, The problem is as if someone removed the sound hardware, but this is impossible, it is part
of the Motherboard. The Processor is Pentium D 3.2 MhZ and I have 3 GHz of memory.
What in the world happened here? I can no longer hear music or anything, I even changed speaker to 3 different

Thanks

Phyberlink

P

Phyberlink

As I was installing them, in the middle of the process of the install, I get prompted that there are no Audio devices detected, and the installation quits.
I rebooted and then repeated the installation, and again I got the same thing, and so now I am seeking some help,
I think you are right I might want to consider sending it back to Intel for replacement, I called them and now I have a case number, The help staff
is located in Costa Rica, they took my number and a senior technician will call me back, This issue has been escalated.
The English communication needs some improvements though.

Here is the drivers that I attempted installing, but unsuccessful
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

You did install the Audio Drivers right? If Yes, Motherboard defective?
Hi,

Updated BIOS
Updated AUDIO
Installed all patches.

Thanks

Phyberlink

Ask a Question