On-board Audio

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the three ports labeled in the attached pic are used for the sound, i have an ASUS board and have a 5.1 speaker system running from them, ASUS boards have a software feature where you can use all three as outputs

Attachments

• back panel.JPG
    back panel.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 171
Reaction score
so just to get this straight, the 3 jacks for line in, line out, and microphone will work as 5.1 speakers if you select to run it that way ? And the line out jacks works as audio in and out.
hmm that's pretty cool (I suppose if you use a mic often it can bescome cumbersome... but I don't us it, so it's ok)
thanks ME__2001

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the only thing is you cant use a microphone if you use the port as a speaker out

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme see, my DFI board has three audio sockets for 5.1 sound, then two more sockets for line in and mic.

Just another snazzy little touch from DFI ;)

And I do use the line in and mic sockets.

And my Gigabyte board has the usual three audio sockets, line out; line in and mic, but has a backplate carrying the two extra 5.1 sockets that plugs into the motherboard. The whole thing's set up with the Realtek software.

Maybe the Asus board has one of those backplates? Lot of Asus board owners here, maybe one of them could chime in.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
thats how my ASUS board works, when you plug something in any of the ports a window pops up asking what it is you've plugged in, and you can set it to whatever you want

Reaction score
The Audigy 2 card is excellent in almost every way and I love mine. If price is a concern, there is a bargain solution that I am using on my secondary machine that I let friends use when they come to my house to game. Check out the Chaintech 7.1 here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829120103 It is listed here for $24.00 US. I have played doom3 with it and it sounds great Music and movies play very nice as well.

Jeff

Ask a Question