Bargain Olympus E-1 Digital SLR - £98.70 (Apple Education Store)

Reaction score
The Apple Store UK have the Olympus E-1 SLR which normally retails for £700ish listed as £98 if you go through their Education Store.

You or your dependents need to be in some form of education to qualify.

It seems a lot like a mis-price as it is still listed at £600+ on their main site, but it is worth a go just in case it is some sort of mega promo for schools.

You need to click on the Education section on the right hand side of the page and search for Olympus E-1 SLR, enjoy

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObj...jzGx3Lf9wsj1rHxBw3z/20.0.19.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What are you waiting for? For Christ's sake get hold of it NOW! ;) Looks like it is a bargain of the decade!!!!!! :D

Reaction score
I just bought one :) But i dont need a digital camera, especially for £99 LOL

You're not allow to sell it either are you as its in the terms and conditions of the apple educational store.

Reaction score
I got an email saying it will be sent out tommorow :) In the order it says i got a £425 discount LOL

Reaction score
Nice! - Looks as though i'll have to wait til i get home tonight as it's blocked from work...:(

Reaction score
thaths crazy
ive about to order too

but im sure it wont get sent out ive been in this siotuations before.

Reaction score
Well they have sent the order acknowledgment email and then i got the confirmation email 30mins later, and the status of the order says it will be sent 30th dec.

Reaction score
same... i'd bet anyone here a fiver they dont get sent...

A DSLR with a LENS!! Ready to go all except memory and flash...

Really you only need to get memory to use it...

Its them screwing up i bet.

Reaction score
Disappeared from the site completely now, guess it really was a mistake :(

Expecting email of cancelation tomorrow.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Disappeared from the site completely now, guess it really was a mistake :(

Expecting email of cancelation tomorrow.

lets hope not!

i mean they probably have rearlised their mistake
if its not on there nemore!

Reaction score
Well it's gone 6 and not shipped... so they held it back as it was 24h shipping.

I know i shouldnt be but im really dissappointed as i was hoping it was a mega deal or something.

DSLR camera is something i have always wanted, but never been able to afford, a regular digital camera just dosen't have enought options for me. After playing with cousins Canon D20!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Well it's gone 6 and not shipped... so they held it back as it was 24h shipping.

I know i shouldnt be but im really dissappointed as i was hoping it was a mega deal or something.

DSLR camera is something i have always wanted, but never been able to afford, a regular digital camera just dosen't have enought options for me. After playing with cousins Canon D20!

its a real shame
but prehaps because of the festive season there has been a delay

im sure we cant say never untill we get that email telling us of a mistake!

do u know if they took money out from your account?

Reaction score
Well nothing has come up on my statement saying "Apple" or anything... but £100 seems to have gone from my availiable balance... Its like £475 and £360 are cheques waiting to clear...

I dont know... You can see the picture... No one can get my bank details from it so 'll post it up.

Attachments

• hafilax.JPG
    hafilax.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 222
Reaction score
i see well we will have to wait

i was thinking of getting 5 or 6 cuz u could make good money outa this if u wanted to

Reaction score
You wont get even 1 - i'll bet you £5.

I read their Ts and Cs and even AFTER they have confirmed your order they can still cancel. very cleverly worded.

Email of Acknowledgement:

Please be advised that until you have received your order confirmation, Apple reserves the right to decline your order and refund any payment we may have received from you. In the event that we decline your order, we will strive to contact you by e-mail or telephone or mail.

Ts and Cs

.4 By placing an Order, you make an offer to us to purchase the Products you have selected on these terms and conditions. We may or may not accept your offer at our discretion.

2.5 If we accept your Order, we will notify you of our acceptance by issuing an Order Confirmation. We will send your Order Confirmation to you by e-mail provided you have indicated an e-mail address on your Order Form. Otherwise we will send the Order Confirmation by post. The Order Confirmation will be effective on sending. If we cannot accept your Order we will attempt to contact you by email or telephone or mail.

2.6 Whilst we will make every effort to supply you with the Products listed on the Order Confirmation, there may be occasions where we are unable to supply these Products because, for example, such Products are no longer being manufactured or we are unable to source relevant components. In such circumstances we will contact you to inform you and may suggest alternative Products that you might wish to purchase. If you accept our suggestionsthen we will send you a revised Order Confirmation. If you do not accept our suggestions then we will cancel your Order in relation to those Products we cannot supply and repay you any money that you may have paid to us in respect of those Products. Repayment of such monies will be the extent of our liability to you if we are unable to deliver to you the Products you have ordered.

Ask a Question