ole server containers

Bob

I was researching "ole server containers" and found that
this can be done under VS 6.0. What I am now looking for
is the same subject matter under the Framework. I want to
see if the same possibilities exist under the frame work
as they do in VS 6.0. Can somebody point me to the
correct naming convention I should be using to see what my
choice are.

On the machine I have at work I do not have .Net installed
but I do have a full blown version at home that I can play
with.

Bob

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Bob,

In VS.NET, you could still use VC 7.0 to program a ole server container. They are legacy programs. In .NET, in order to
communicate with COM components, we use InterOp. Please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-
us/cpguide/html/cpconinteroperatingwithunmanagedcode.asp?frame=true for details.

HTH.

Best regards,
yhhuang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft

Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com
--------------------
!From: "Bob" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "Bob" <[email protected]>
!Subject: ole server containers
!Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:53:02 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
!
!I was researching "ole server containers" and found that
!this can be done under VS 6.0. What I am now looking for
!is the same subject matter under the Framework. I want to
!see if the same possibilities exist under the frame work
!as they do in VS 6.0. Can somebody point me to the
!correct naming convention I should be using to see what my
!choice are.
!
!On the machine I have at work I do not have .Net installed
!but I do have a full blown version at home that I can play
!with.
!
!Bob
!

Bob

Thanks...

I had to InterOp some code I tied to an ASP.Net
application I wrote. It was some libs that the old
company I use to work with was to cheap to replace.

So I guess I wasn't totally stupid when I couldn't find a
replacement for the ole server container stuff. I was
hoping to get away from the VC++ but I guess that is the
next step after this mod.