contacts in Public Folders folders other than a folder
with my primary E-mail contacts. How do I configure the
Navigation Pane so that when I select the Contacts
button, a Public Folders folder is selected as the
default view?

Andy

S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

When you first click Contacts in the navigation pane during an Outlook session, Outlook always displays the default Contacts folder in your Exchange mailbox (or whatever information store is your default store). If you choose a different folder, Outlook will remember that choice when you return to the Contacts area. But there's no way to tell Outlook to display a non-default contacts folder the first time you visit the Contacts area.

I have a suggestion for Microsoft on how to add this feature. The Contacts area of the navigation pane lets you reorder the contacts folders listed under My Contacts by dragging and dropping. Right now that order has no special meaning. Why not add some meaning to it? If the user places a non-default contacts folder at the top, then display that folder - not the default Contacts folder -- when the user initially clicks Contacts in the navigation pane.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ask a Question