Office 2007 Ribbon Color

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to the board. I have used the site many time for troubleshooting, but this time I cannot find an answer to my problem. So here it goes:

I am running Windows XP SP2 on an HP DC 5750 with Office 2007 Professional.

All my Office programs are now showing the background in grey (like office 2000). I am attempting to attach a screen shot below.

Here is what I have tried to resolve the issue:

1. Repair on office 2007 then reboot
2. Uninstall office 2007 reboot install office 2007 reboot
3. Rebuild windows profile
4. Go to excel options and change color scheme from blue to black click ok and close excel. Still in grey. Went back to excel options select blue click ok close excel still in grey.
5. Went to registry and exported office 12.0 to desktop I closed all office applications and deleted all content from 12.0 folder opened excel reinstalled itself prompted for product key still ribbon in grey…
6. Tried changing my Display Theme (for windows XP) to a different theme and re open office application, still in grey.

I have been trying to resolve this for about 6 hours now. Any suggestions or help would be GREAT.

Thank you in advance to any suggestions,
Josh
View

If picture is not showing I posted to google documents:
http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddhrshx5_0f2cfq7dg

Last edited:

Ask a Question