Access Office 2007 "Access Denied" calendar sharing

Reaction score
I am having a problem with sharing Outlook calendars in a NON-Exchange environment. I have a small non-profit office of 7 workstations and 4 of the user's need to share our calendars as well as a "group" calendar. We are running a brand spanking new environment featuring Windows 7 professional 64-bit, Office Professional 2007 (i.e. Outlook 2007) and using both IE8 and Firefox browsers. I have tried adapting all previous fixes that I could find for Vista/Outlook 2007 (regarding cookies and also running in protected mode when using IE6/7 [Firefox does not appear to have a similar feature]). I sequence thru the request for logon to my Live account, receive a message: "Access to resource denied. If you have signed into and saved your Windows Live ID with a web site, sign out of that Web site, then try this operation again.". We get the same error message when trying to subscribe to each other's calendars. Makes me wish we could afford an exchange server! Arrghhh!

Reaction score
Close, but...

Thanks for the suggestion, but according to the Outlook help information, I shouldn't have to have any third party software to do this function. It looks like shareo would do the trick, but the cost COULD get prohibited for us later on. We are a nonprofit and we are considering using the Outlook functions to help manage our volunteers (ie calendaring and tasking). The license for shareo is per user, per workstation which could be a lot of cost downstream.

I really do appreciate your advice tho!

Ask a Question