OE has blocked potentially unsafe attachments

Josh

Anyway to change the security settings without editting
the registry so that I don't receive the "OE has blocked
potentially unsafe attachments" message??

rifleman

Josh said:
Anyway to change the security settings without editting
the registry so that I don't receive the "OE has blocked
potentially unsafe attachments" message??

Tools-Options-security.

never heard of Google? this question has been asked THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS
and THOUSANDS of times.

*Vanguard*

rifleman said:
Tools-Options-security.

never heard of Google? this question has been asked THOUSANDS and
THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of times.

But then Josh is also in the wrong newsgroup, navigating to Office ->
Outlook rather than to Internet Technologies -> Internet Explorer
<version> -> Outlook Express in Microsoft's Community Newsgroups page.
But then Microsoft forgot ease of use by providing a search to locate a
product in the topic tree. I find Google Groups is easier to use; at
least a search there will also show probable newsgroup names. But then
using a webnews interface sucks for lack of features. Better to use an
NNTP (network news transfer protocol) client, like OE, Forte,
Thunderbird, or anything that connects to an NNTP server.

Bastet

Josh said:
Anyway to change the security settings without editting
the registry so that I don't receive the "OE has blocked
potentially unsafe attachments" message??

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting
in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

rifleman

*Vanguard* said:
But then Josh is also in the wrong newsgroup, navigating to Office ->
Outlook rather than to Internet Technologies -> Internet Explorer
<version> -> Outlook Express in Microsoft's Community Newsgroups page.
But then Microsoft forgot ease of use by providing a search to locate a
product in the topic tree. I find Google Groups is easier to use; at
least a search there will also show probable newsgroup names. But then
using a webnews interface sucks for lack of features. Better to use an
NNTP (network news transfer protocol) client, like OE, Forte,
Thunderbird, or anything that connects to an NNTP server.

Newsgroup doesn't matter at this moment - if you search in Google with
"unsafe attachments" you get something like *90,000* hits!