Windows XP NVRefreshTool

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
NVRefreshTool is a utility used to fix the problem in Windows 2000/XP that sets your refresh rate to 60Hz when you play ANY game. This problem occurs whether or not you have a higher refresh rate set in your Display Properties of Windows.

NVRefreshTool is simple and easy to use. Just load up the NVRefreshTool program and it will automatically detect the maximum refresh rate at each resolution that your monitor supports. If you're an advanced user, you can customize each refresh rate at each resolution.

Currently NVRefreshTool supports all Detonator versions.

PLEASE NOTE
Plug and Play Monitor Bug

This concerns everyone who uses the Microsoft Plug and Play Monitor drivers for their monitor. Since the Plug and Play Monitor driver was not made specifically for your monitor and therefore it doesn't know the maximum refresh rate your monitor can support. Because of this Windows will not allow you to set a refresh rate higher than the maximum refresh rate the Plug and Play Monitor driver supports. NVRefreshTool are currently working on a solution for this and hope to have it soon.

I suggest you download the correct drivers for your monitor.
Enjoy!

Mucks. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It took me ages to figure out how to fix this problem when I first had Windows XP - its a really strange bug!

If you have WinXP it is a highly recommended download!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
And I have never suffered with this bug ... probably due to the fact I don't play many games and the ones I do play do not cause this problem.

However, I do advocate making sure you have the latest drivers for your monitor. It IS what nVidia suggest you do.

;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If I could just add my two pennorth :)

All that Mucks says is correct. When I had an NVidia card I used that refresh tool and it worked fine. I then changed my Monitor and it was recognised as a 'Plug & Play' by XP.

This led to some weird and wonderful sights during gaming. A quick zoom over to Iiyama's site and the downloading of the correct drivers sorted out all problems. Those Iiyama drivers, BTW, were not approved by XP.

There again, you could always go out and get yourselves a Radeon Card, no probs and now, at last, excellent driver support :D

Reaction score
I love those radeons, but I want to have/win these new io shutter glasses and they work only with nvidia... So I bought a GF4 Ti4200

Ask a Question