ASUS PB287Q 28-in 4K Single Stream 60Hz Monitor

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Legit Reviews have been taking a look at a 4K monitor - namely the ASUS PB287Q 28-in 4K Single Stream 60Hz Monitor. Here's a snippet:

"Legit Reviews jumped onto the 4K bandwagon back in 2013 with the Sharp PN-K321 32-inch class 4K LED-Backlit display. At the time this monitor was around $3500 and the display defaulted to 30 Hz, which meant that games weren’t smooth. After a couple display firmware updates by Sharp we were able to manually configure the monitor to run at 60 Hz using the display’s built-in controls (Choose Menu > Setup > DisplayPort STREAM > MST > SET). Basically you had to use Multi-Stream Transport (MST) with DisplayPort to get two 1920 x 2160 images which are then combined to produce the final 3840×2160 image on the display. AMD, Intel and NVIDIA all were able to support this functionality in their drivers, but there were glitches along the way and they were pretty bad at times. The last thing you want to see when you fire up a game is that only half your display is working. In order to produce a 4K Ultra HD display with a more user friendly 60Hz refresh rate, monitor makers are moving over to a single stream (single tile) implementation. This means that as long as you are using DisplayPort 1.2-capable graphics solution that you should be able to just plug and play. There is just a single stream to be had, so the video card driver issues that once plagued so many are gone and 3840×2160 at a 60 Hz refresh rate should be standard. One of the first displays to support for 4K resolutions at 60Hz via DisplayPort’s Single-Stream Transport (SST) mode is the ASUS PB287Q."

PB287Q-645x530.jpg

Read more here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Beast! :D

How ever, i wont be getting rid of my 120Hz monitor just yet. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
hmmm, well, I may buy one, eventually, but my next monitors ... I recently bought two new Acer 5230HL monitors ... will probably be 120Mz types. I always buy last years tech, so to speak.

... and I remembered why I dislike Americans, they talk funny! :)

Ask a Question