Nvidia Ntune Auto Tune

Reaction score
Hey guys im thinking about letting Ntune do its worst to my system on AutoTune setting, ive done loads of searching about it and most people agree its pretty safe although some seem to have problems.... the worst needing a fresh install of windows. Any of you guys tried it? Would you try it?

Any thoughts appreciated Cheers Lee.

Reaction score
Not really problems, i just really wanted to have a go and see what sort of overclocking i could do with my system and its a minefield out there for a guy like me ( Im not a Techno Retard but not a Techno wizz either :p ). My bios is really restictive in what it will allow me to do, but there is a on/off option for letting applications control settings etc. I will also admit im a little scared to mess up my PC by making a mistake myself so was going to let Ntune have a go and see what it comes up with and what 3dmark i can get.

To be honest the only reason i want to try it is just because i am inquisative, my PC runs everything i need it to at the minute just fine, i just want to see what its capable of.

If i dont use this Ntune then i will prolly end up just waiting until i have had my PC a bit longer and it isnt as capable at running the games i am buying and isnt my pride and joy like it is at the minute :p before i have a real go at overclocking.

Cheers Lee.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Cheers Wiz ill have a read of both of those articles, im pretty confident in clocking the video card as i could quite easily afford to replace that, im not so sure about the CPU though as its pretty easy to damage a hole load of components from trying to overclock that.

I think at the minute i might be better getting some better memory as thats prolly the main thing that lets my system down.

Anyways no rush for now its running all my fave games great! ;)

Cheers Lee.

Reaction score
No problem. :thumb:

I would say 4gb would be ok but with out knowing what games your playing might be a good idea as you say to get some faster memory.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ntune doesn't allow you to change the shader settings independently, whereas Riva Tuner does.

However, Ntune is easy to use and Riva Tuner is a little complicated.

Reaction score
Its the standard dell XPS720 mobo, it does have options to overclock the CPU but only if its a Extreme chip, with my Q6600 there is no option to adjust anything.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
hmmm, then tbh, i wouldn't bother sounds like the usual POS DELL thing to me.

Just be happy as it is mate. :)

Ask a Question