nVidia Drivers

DCR

PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE nVidia 96.33 DRIVERS!!!!

After I installed them, and re-ran the performance scan, I had a video
rating of 1.0.

Uninstalled 96.33, went back to the default drivers from the original
installation,
and my video performance rating went up to 4.6.

I have a 7600GS card.

Thank you for the hint... I've downloaded version 96.33 and ready to install.

CIAO!

Heywood

Robert Blacher

AMEN! Same happened to me. The drivers in RC2 Build 5744 are newer than
those Nvidia is releasing for download on their web site. Don't know how
the bleep they could be so incompetent, but ...

Tinkerer

That's strange, because I have an Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS with
the 96.33 drivers installed and my graphics rating is 5.0. My overall
rating is 4.3 because of my processor.....:)

Terje Alexander Barth

Tinkerer said:
That's strange, because I have an Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS with
the 96.33 drivers installed and my graphics rating is 5.0. My overall
rating is 4.3 because of my processor.....:)
Are you using the 64-Bit or the 32-bit version of Vista?

On my setup, with the 96.33 drivers for x64 Vista rc2, there is no HW 3D Acceleration.

Eric Furness

Thank you for the hint... I've downloaded version 96.33 and ready to install.

CIAO!

Heywood

I have found the 96.33 drivers better for Oblivion than the newer
driver. The newer driver causes a lot of audio stuttering and lower
frame rates.

Eric

Robert Blacher

Yup, bingo. RC2 x64 the 96.33 Nividia drivers disable Directx hardware
acceleration here, too, of a Nvidia GeForce 7300. The WDDM drivers from MS
do not and so are much faster.

Tinkerer

I guess that's it. I'm using the 32-bit version.

--

Cheers,
Tinkerer

Tinkerer said:
I guess that's it. I'm using the 32-bit version.

Hopefully Nvidia will update their drivers for x64 soon... sucks that
companies are so slow on the x64 bandwagon...

I am using the Windows WDM Drivers (96.77) and edited the .inf file
to include the Nvidia 96.33 OpenGL files. So I still have D3D working
and hopefully OpenGL will work as well.. although I have not tried it yet.

RonK

Hi Terje,

How do you edit the .inf file. I have a game called Medal Of Honor and it
fails to run with an OpenGL Error.
Thanks
Ron

Tinkerer

I think I'll leave the .inf alone.....I don't have enough knowledge to do that without really messing something up....lol

--

Cheers,
Tinkerer

Tinkerer said:
I think I'll leave the .inf alone.....I don't have enough knowledge to do that without really messing something up....lol
--

Dont worry.
OpenGL did'nt work anyway :\

Someone said I should try the Nvidia RC1 drivers 96.33 but they dont support DirectX it seems,
so it is either WDM + Direct3D or Nvidia + OpenGL (unconfirmed).

Wish they'd release some new drivers... like, right now.

Tinkerer

As do I. The present drivers are a bit flakey...

--

Cheers,
Tinkerer