Nvidia based AMD machine?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Is there any information that AMD and Nvidia will continue to have a Good relationship? Or will AMD be using ATi chipsets over Nvidia's?

I really hope not, but something tells me they'll be pushing ATI over Nvidia...

How much longer is AMD going to support AM2? I plan on building a phenom machine next year, any info is appreciaited. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I would think they will push there own product, show me a company that wouldn't.

Over here the phenom's (9500 @ 2.2ghz) are about the same as the Q6600 @ 2.4 and the Q6600 is still the clear winner, more so if you OC, imo. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, sad to say the Phenoms have only had luke warm reviews, Intel (sad to say) still rule, it would seem.

The AMD dual core AM2's, however, are an absolute bargain right now and are fine performing chips.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What AMD are "toying" with is their, GPCPUs or CPGPUs ... take your pick. :D

Look out for the new "spider" coming to a PC near you soon ...
laughingsmiley.gif

http://www.amd.com/us-en/0,,3715_15341,00.html

user.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Don't get an AM2 mobo Go for as AM2+ or better still wait for the AM3's . There are some major changes coming .
This is a very good article come test review on the AM2 nForce 500 chipset mobos .

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2787&p=9

I haven't read up on the nForce 600 chipset so I can't give any info on them but it would be worth reading up on .

Flops is bang on the nail the cpu's are cheaper than chips and just as tasty .

:D

Ask a Question