NTFRS event id: 13505

Brian V.

Hello all,

I'm running AD with two DCs and on the DC that holds the
FSMO roles of Infrastructre Manager, Schema Master, and
Domain Naming master I'm getting alot of NTFRS 13505
errors, that state: The File Replication Service has
stopped after taking an assertion failure. And I also get
the Service Control Manager error that the file
replication service has stopped and will be restarted in
1800000 milliseconds.

Can anyone help??

Thanks.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Brian,

I would verify all DC's are at Service Pack 4 as that SP has many
improvements to ntfrs.exe.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
Directory Services

From: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Sender: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Subject: NTFRS event id: 13505
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:40:36 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory

Hello all,

I'm running AD with two DCs and on the DC that holds the
FSMO roles of Infrastructre Manager, Schema Master, and
Domain Naming master I'm getting alot of NTFRS 13505
errors, that state: The File Replication Service has
stopped after taking an assertion failure. And I also get
the Service Control Manager error that the file
replication service has stopped and will be restarted in
1800000 milliseconds.

Can anyone help??

Thanks.

originated.

Steve,

All DCs are at SP4.

Any other suggestions?

From: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Sender: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:40:36 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory

Hello all,

I'm running AD with two DCs and on the DC that holds the
FSMO roles of Infrastructre Manager, Schema Master, and
Domain Naming master I'm getting alot of NTFRS 13505
errors, that state: The File Replication Service has
stopped after taking an assertion failure. And I also get
the Service Control Manager error that the file
replication service has stopped and will be restarted in
1800000 milliseconds.

Can anyone help??

Thanks.

originated.

.

Jimmy Harper [MSFT]

Is this happening everytime you start the FRS service? Do any other
errors/warnings show up when you restart the service. What does the other
DC have in the event log?

If the errors happen every time you start FRS and the other server looks
fine, we may need to reinitialize the SYSVOL replica set on the problem DC.

--
Jimmy Harper [MSFT]
Directory Services

From: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Sender: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:40:36 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory

Hello all,

I'm running AD with two DCs and on the DC that holds the
FSMO roles of Infrastructre Manager, Schema Master, and
Domain Naming master I'm getting alot of NTFRS 13505
errors, that state: The File Replication Service has
stopped after taking an assertion failure. And I also get
the Service Control Manager error that the file
replication service has stopped and will be restarted in
1800000 milliseconds.

Can anyone help??

Thanks.

originated.

.

Make sure your IM is not the same as a GC

From: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Sender: "Brian V." <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:40:36 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory

Hello all,

I'm running AD with two DCs and on the DC that holds the
FSMO roles of Infrastructre Manager, Schema Master, and
Domain Naming master I'm getting alot of NTFRS 13505
errors, that state: The File Replication Service has
stopped after taking an assertion failure. And I also get
the Service Control Manager error that the file
replication service has stopped and will be restarted in
1800000 milliseconds.

Can anyone help??

Thanks.
and