NT network; Pro & Home client sharing

G

We have an NT network, NT 4.0 DC, Win 98SE, ME, XP Pro and XP Home clients. The XP Pro and Home clients are remote. By setting up a common workgroup, the XP Home client can access and use all resources and files on all workstations and the NT Server, EXCEPT the XP Pro client. I'm assuming that's because the XP Pro machine cannot be a member of a domain AND a workgroup as is possible with Win 9X? Is there anyway to allow the XP Home client to access the XP Pro client?

G

PS - If I join the XP Pro machine to the common workgroup aslo, rather than the domain, then it cannot access any other machines or resources on the network, as can the XP Home machine when joined to the workgroup. I'm at a loss.......

G

Never mind - I figured out what I was doing wrong on the XP Pro machine that prevented access by the XP Home. Things that make you go "DUH"!

Ask a Question