NSA surveillance.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Two articles on the subject of how our governments are protecting our freedom. :lol:

The NSA has huge capabilities – and if it wants in to your computer, it's in. With that in mind, here are five ways to stay safe

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/05/nsa-how-to-remain-secure-surveillance

Since I started working with Snowden's documents, I have been using GPG, Silent Circle, Tails, OTR, TrueCrypt, BleachBit, and a few other things I'm not going to write about. There's an undocumented encryption feature in my Password Safe program from the command line); I've been using that as well.
I understand that most of this is impossible for the typical internet user. Even I don't use all these tools for most everything I am working on. And I'm still primarily on Windows, unfortunately. Linux would be safer.

Glad to see linux getting a mention as being safer than Windows. All in all the article was a good informative read unlike some articles written by sensation creating uneducated morons.

Feds Beg NY Times, Pro Publica Not To Reveal That They've Inserted Backdoors Into Internet Encryption

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...rted-backdoors-into-internet-encryption.shtml

from the too-f****ng-bad dept

We already wrote about the latest reports coming out of the Snowden leaks, concerning how the NSA and GCHQ have effectively backdoored their way into breaking various encryption schemes by writing the standards themselves and recruiting internal spies within companies to covertly inject backdoors. The reporting on these documents was done jointly by The Guardian, the NY Times and Pro Publica.

Kudos to all three publications for taking this step. It's unfortunate that they need to do this, but it's a sad statement on the way the US and UK governments have acted.

Update: The Guardian also mentions that intelligence officials asked them not to publish.

:cool:

Ask a Question