Notepad

\(Joseph

I'm running windows xp pro and on occasion use notepad. I've noticed that
when I copy/paste information into notepad, sometimes the option view=.show
status bar is greyed out and at other times it isn't.

Would anyone know what causes this and if there is a fix/patch for XP to
resolve this issue?

Thank you

ANONYMOUS

The fix is very simple. In FORMAT menu item, there is an item called
Wordwrap. Just disable/unclick it. then go to VIEW meny item and check
the Status BAR item.

Now whenever a file has WordWrap disabled, you will be able to see the
status bar otherwise not. It is a toggle type switch!

hth

\(Joseph

Thank you...that was it.

That's to bad it doesn't work with word wrap.....word wrap is a nice way to
lay out the page similar to 8.5x11 and see how many lines are being used...I
know word can be used or something similar, but notepad is fast loading and
good for a quick glance

Unk

Thank you...that was it.

That's to bad it doesn't work with word wrap.....word wrap is a nice way to
lay out the page similar to 8.5x11 and see how many lines are being used...I
know word can be used or something similar, but notepad is fast loading and
good for a quick glance
To add the Status bar to Notepad: (Even with word wrap enabled)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad]
"StatusBar"=dword:00000001

Unk

There is no Fix or patch as it is by design. Word Wrap controls it.
Yes there is... To add the Status bar to Notepad: (Even with word wrap enabled)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad]
"StatusBar"=dword:00000001

David Candy

That's not so.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
Unk said:
There is no Fix or patch as it is by design. Word Wrap controls it.
Yes there is... To add the Status bar to Notepad: (Even with word wrap enabled)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad]
"StatusBar"=dword:00000001

Unk

If you say so. I guess then, that I must be the only one on the planet that's running Window
XP's Notepad with Word Wrap on, AND a status bar. ****-ing magic...

Unk said:
There is no Fix or patch as it is by design. Word Wrap controls it.
Yes there is... To add the Status bar to Notepad: (Even with word wrap enabled)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad]
"StatusBar"=dword:00000001

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
I'm running windows xp pro and on occasion use notepad. I've noticed that
when I copy/paste information into notepad, sometimes the option view=.show
status bar is greyed out and at other times it isn't.

Would anyone know what causes this and if there is a fix/patch for XP to
resolve this issue?

Thank you

Unk

I guess Kelly Theriot is wrong too...
See line 95 (Right) "Enable Notepad Status Bar with Word Wrap"

Unk said:
There is no Fix or patch as it is by design. Word Wrap controls it.
Yes there is... To add the Status bar to Notepad: (Even with word wrap enabled)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad]
"StatusBar"=dword:00000001

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
I'm running windows xp pro and on occasion use notepad. I've noticed that
when I copy/paste information into notepad, sometimes the option view=.show
status bar is greyed out and at other times it isn't.

Would anyone know what causes this and if there is a fix/patch for XP to
resolve this issue?

Thank you

Unk

Make that line 94 Right

Unk said:
On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:10:41 +1100, "David Candy" <.> wrote:

There is no Fix or patch as it is by design. Word Wrap controls it.

Yes there is... To add the Status bar to Notepad: (Even with word wrap enabled)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad]
"StatusBar"=dword:00000001

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
I'm running windows xp pro and on occasion use notepad. I've noticed that
when I copy/paste information into notepad, sometimes the option view=.show
status bar is greyed out and at other times it isn't.

Would anyone know what causes this and if there is a fix/patch for XP to
resolve this issue?

Thank you

David Candy

Don't kust quote shit, try it.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
Unk said:
Make that line 94 Right

[...]

Why wouldn't M$ allow us to use line count with wordwrap? I know there is a
tweak, but is there any reason they wouldn't want that by default.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Don't kust quote shit, try it.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments
Unk said:
Make that line 94 Right

[...]

Because the line count will be wrong. There is no tweak.

(Joseph said:
Why wouldn't M$ allow us to use line count with wordwrap? I know there is a
tweak, but is there any reason they wouldn't want that by default.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Don't kust quote shit, try it.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments