Not getting any audio

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble with an avi file. The video palys fine but there is no audio. Both VLC Media Player and WMP can play the video but not the audio. I downloaded XP Codec Pack 2.4.3 but got the same result. I also tried using VirtualDub but it couldn't even import the file. It said it couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DIVX' (DivX 4+).

GSpot says the audio codec name is: mpeglayer3 (mp3) (0x0055) ISO/MPEG. But I'm not sure what to do with that or what to try next. Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it work on a different PC? If VLC player can't do it, and you've downloaded the XP codec pack then it should be able to play 99.999% of files.

It could be a problem with the AVI file itself, as that's a very common codec it uses for audio - so it should play fine.

Reaction score
Is there any way to fix it if the problem is with the avi file itself? Or just some way to get to hear the audio?

Ask a Question