Not able to click inside some frames and pop up windows

Matthew, Fife

I wonder if this is a Vista problem or something else?
On my laptop when a new pop up box opens, sometimes only the frame round the
box is solid. That means when I click inside the frame it deselects that box
and selects the programme or window underneath. Only by clicking on the bar
at the bottom of the screen can I make the one I want 'live' again. This is a
nuisance as some buttons can't be clicked and, even if I manage to Tab them
to work I can't tick some boxes. But sometimes after about 20 minutes it all
starts working again.
It's very odd.

"Matthew, Fife" wrote in message
I wonder if this is a Vista problem or something else?
On my laptop when a new pop up box opens, sometimes only the frame round
the
box is solid. That means when I click inside the frame it deselects that
box
and selects the programme or window underneath. Only by clicking on the
bar
at the bottom of the screen can I make the one I want 'live' again. This
is a
nuisance as some buttons can't be clicked and, even if I manage to Tab
them
to work I can't tick some boxes. But sometimes after about 20 minutes it
all
starts working again.
It's very odd.

Probably not a Vista issue at all.

1- What AV program are you using? Norton/McAfee have issues with Vista but
AVG/Avast free editions are much more compatible.

2- Check that you have updated video drivers. Sometimes very weird side
effects have been reported if the video drivers are not full Vista
compatible.

If neither of those work, report back with more information about your
computer. (brand, upgraded or pre-installed, RAM, etc.)