Norton Security

Reaction score
I need to renew licence for Norton Security standard. It is much cheaper on sites other than Norton and even cheaper if I get 2017 rather than 2018. Is it necessary to get 2018 or would 2017 just be updated automatically.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Save yourself the money and go for one of the many free AV's available online, or if you are running Windows 10 simply use Windows Defender.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You can use Norton if it makes you feel better, just know its frankly a waste of money, and to be honest the protection from Norton is no better than what you would get fro ma free Anti Virus product.

My advice would be to either use Windows Defender that is built into Win10, or on of the three listed at the top of this thread.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/essential-pc-software-updated-21st-september-2017.2697599/

As someone once said, "just because you've always done it, doesn't make it right"

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You can use Norton if it makes you feel better, just know its frankly a waste of money, and to be honest the protection from Norton is no better than what you would get fro ma free Anti Virus product.

My advice would be to either use Windows Defender that is built into Win10, or on of the three listed at the top of this thread.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/essential-pc-software-updated-21st-september-2017.2697599/

As someone once said, "just because you've always done it, doesn't make it right"

Seconded. :)

I use what comes with Win 10.

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiments expressed here, free AV software is every bit as good as Nortons/Symantec.

There's another freebie not mentioned named Sophos as well, which is good. I'm using Win 10 and I use the built in Windows Defender utility.

However, the answer to your question is use the 2018 version of Nortons if you really must part with some cash.

And contrary to popular belief software doesn't have to be paid for or expensive to be good ;)

Ask a Question