my microsft office professionsl just stopped working for
no reason. when i try to repair it, it gets to the point
where i should install cd, but all i have is the 3
retsore cds provided by the store. the error msg reads: a
required installation file could not be found. SKU011.CAB
any help in solving this dilemma is most appreciated. G

T

t.cruise

That's a problem when you have Restore/Recovery CDs, instead of a Windows XP CD, and CDs
for the bundled programs, utilities, and drivers. Some Restore/Recovery CDs have options,
like just reinstalling specific software. Others will just wipe your hard drive and put
the system back in the same hard drive image that you had when you purchased it. That
would lose any data files, software, and updates that you've put on the drive since you
got the system. The only way to find out is to boot with the first Restore/Recovery CD,
and see if there are options, other then just putting back the original drive image. If
there aren't any other options, then you've got a problem. When you purchase your next
system, make sure that it includes a Windows XP CD, and CDs for the rest of the bundled
software. Even DELL's $499 "As Advertised Special" includes all the CDs, NOT
Restore/Recovery CDs. I'm thinking there's a 50/50 chance that you have an HP system.

Ask a Question