No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.

S

Steve McEvoy

HELP!!!

Has anyone seen this. I have found some info about it but
still unsure to a solution. From what I can gather it has
been going on for nearly a year.
Using Outlook 2000 + SP3, W2K, Exchange 5.5

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Pierce, Ron on 10/31/2002 3:01 PM
No transport provider was available for
delivery to this recipient.

This fault happens not only with external emails but also
internal.

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Do you have Internet Mail and Exchange in the same profile? If so, that is
the problem - it isn't a supported configuration in versions of Outlook
prior to Outlook 2002. Either set up separate profiles, upgrade to Outlook
2002/3, or consider hosting all your domain's mail in Exchange if this is
part of your work mail.

Reaction score
does your user have the Microsoft Live Meeting add-in installed, by any chance? i just spent 2 weeks tracking down that "no transport provider" intermittent message on 3 of my users, and it turns out that it was the Live Meeding Add-in Pack.

You can quickly tell if your users have installed it by opening Outlook, going to TOOLS > E-MAIL ACCOUNTS and clicking NEXT on View Existing..

If it's been installed, The Live Meeting Add-in is displayed as an unconfigurable transport just below the email accounts. If all you see is the user's email account listed there, he doesn't have Live Meeting. disregard this note.

If this is your issue, however, you can go to Control Panel > Mail on your user's desktop and build him a second email profile. be sure the PROMPT FOR PROFILE TO BE USED radio button is checked.that way when he opens Outlook, he'll be prompted for which profile he wants.

be careful, tho. every time he opens that profile there'll be an automated window suggesting that you enable Live meeting for that profile. click NO every time.

teach him how to choose the new profile and watch him for a week or so to see if it eliminates your problem.

Bear in mind that you'll have to basically duplicate his setup in the new profile (Rules, multiple PSTs, signature files, etc.). My users had amazingly complex setups, and i was able to duplicate every feature without reinvoking that transport error for weeks. Once i allowed Live meeting into that profile, tho, the error reappeared within an hour or so.

Hope this helps someone. it was a 2-week migraine for me.

Last edited:

Ask a Question