No "Insert" key on Keyboard

I purchase a new Microsoft Keyboard. It does not have an "Insert" key.

How do I switch to "insert" (overwrite) with this keyboard, easily, without
making a macro?

[The keyboard has a scroll wheel on the left end.]

Doug Robbins

Are you sure?

Double click with the left mouse button on the OVR in the bottom border of
the Word Screen.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ed Stevens at Panasonic" <Ed Stevens at
news:[email protected]...

Jay Freedman

Ed,

Is that one of the Wireless Elite keyboards, with the "My Favorites" buttons
across the top? If so, the Insert button is in the row with the Print Screen
and Scroll Lock buttons, north of where you expect it. You also may have to
hit the Function button before it will work.

I have one of those at home. While it has a lot of features I like, I have a
really hard time switching between it and the standard keyboard at work.

Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP

Doug said:
Are you sure?

Double click with the left mouse button on the OVR in the bottom
border of the Word Screen.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ed Stevens at Panasonic" <Ed Stevens at
I purchase a new Microsoft Keyboard. It does not have an "Insert"
key.

How do I switch to "insert" (overwrite) with this keyboard, easily,
without
making a macro?

[The keyboard has a scroll wheel on the left end.]

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jay,
Is that one of the Wireless Elite keyboards, with the "My Favorites" buttons
across the top? If so, the Insert button is in the row with the Print Screen
and Scroll Lock buttons, north of where you expect it. You also may have to
hit the Function button before it will work.

I have one of those at home. While it has a lot of features I like, I have a
really hard time switching between it and the standard keyboard at work.
I got a new keyboard recently (because I couldn't read any of the keys on my
old one, anymore), didn't watch out, and this one really does NOT have an
"Insert" key. The Delete key covers the entire space where Insert used to be.

And darn it! I NEED the Insert key to work properly in VMWare.

So, yeah, they really are making and selling this junk.

-- Cindy

Jay Freedman

Hi Jay,

I got a new keyboard recently (because I couldn't read any of the keys on my
old one, anymore), didn't watch out, and this one really does NOT have an
"Insert" key. The Delete key covers the entire space where Insert used to be.

And darn it! I NEED the Insert key to work properly in VMWare.

So, yeah, they really are making and selling this junk.

-- Cindy

Hi Cindy,

So you aren't going to buy Das Keyboard (www.daskeyboard.com) that has
no letters on any of the keys? :)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

This is probably a response to the demand from users to be able to disable
the Insert key because they keep pressing it inadvertently. <sigh>

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Jay Freedman

Do you think we could get them to remove the Caps Lock key, or at least
disable it while posting in newsgroups? <g>

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Jay,
So you aren't going to buy Das Keyboard (www.daskeyboard.com) that has
no letters on any of the keys? :)
Intriguing. At this point, I'd actually be willing to try one :) But I
notice they only service North America (currently). Funny, with all the
German on the page...

Generally, I don't need to look at the keys, but
- if someone else sits at the keyboard
- to figure out if my fingers slipped, or if Windows is screwing
with the keyboard layouts (again!!) I sometimes need the reassurance.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :)