No idea how to do this..

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not new to Access by any means but I have absolutely no idea how to do this or if it can even be done. Please suggest the best way to go about this.

My database is for creating a project, so it has a unique project ID. Each project will have a total savings of x$ and that money can be broken up by many categories. Sometimes only one, sometimes multiple (if the savings is affecting multiple categories). I have it set up so that the user inputs all the generic project information, then clicks on a series of 14 checkboxes, 1 for each category, which brings up a new form to enter specific details regarding their savings figure.

What I need to be able to do is store a table of values for a single unique project ID. Example, So Project 44 has a total savings of 10000$ all coming from the category "Raw Materials". So when they click the Raw Materials check box, a form comes up and they can enter each material, how much they're saving, and the rate (which then would total to their TOTAL savings).

When I access the table, I should see Project # = 44, then a list of all the materials and their indiviual savings.

I hope I've made my problem clear, so far I have it so that they have to enter the project number on every line (for every material) which is redundant and confusing.

Any help is appreciated

Ask a Question