No download Vista, Linux OK, BSD OK, Solaris OK, but not Vista

Canuck57

From: "Windows vista problem with format"
<[email protected]>
Subject: Can i download windows vista
Date: March-16-08 6:29 PM

i ask again
1. i have notebook and i format all my partition (all disk)
2. i have on the back notebook my certificate windows vista with serial
nuber and type is oem.

and i need download new copy vista(windows vista home basic edi.)>?

have microsoft some ftp or can i download vista from some torrent ?

------
You can ask 1000 times, and I doubt Microsoft will listen.

There isn't really any reason with their key management reading CPU IDs and
OEM vendors registration that you shouldn't just be able to download the OS
of choice, pay the bucks and go.

I do predict the day, and will buy the venders stock when I hear the initial
boot, or press F11 for choices occurs:
(And no reason other than monopoly poitics exists for this not to happen
today!)

-------
Choose your OS(s):
1) Vista Basic
2) Vista Home Premium
3) Vista Unlimate
4) Vista Business
5) Vista not invented yet
6) SUSE Enterprise Linux
7) SUSE (Free)
8) Ubuntu Linux (Free)
9) Fedora Linux (Free)
10) Red Hat Enterprise
11) Solaris x86
12) OpenSolaris
13) OpenBSD
14) FreeBSD
15) NetBSD
16) XP Home
17> XP Pro
18> Other Microsoft variations
19> VMWare options

Multiple selections allowed, seperate choices with commas. You have a x64
capable processor(s) so you will be prompted for 32 bit or 64 bit. If at a
later date you wish to select more options, make sure there is free disk
partion space and press F11 at boot time to add more. You have 2.2 TB of
space on one disk to allocate.

Your choices? >
----

In the above, it will oad a Linux mini kernal, and go out and fetch the OSes
of choice. I predict 2009. Some vendors are hurting and need an edge with
consumers.

Life would be a boring episode if were were all the same sex, religion,
color and values we didn't differ, why should our operating systems be any
different? Especially sex part, I like the opposite thank you. Tolerance
and acceptance is a virtue, the rest is FUD.