no D drive

Reaction score
Help please, my d drive is missing i have tried everything to reinstall drivers,it is a cd/dvd combo which came with the pc cant find a manufacturer name just says standard cdrom, this is my daughters pc and unfortunately she has lost the pc manufacturer telephone support number, the pc manufacturer is qtech but i have been unable to a website to get drivers from, would really appreciate any help, i do have the recovery disk but cant load it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Could you answer a few questions that may point us in the right direction?

Does the CD rom drive open?
Did it stop working suddenly?
Does windows prompt you for drivers?

Reaction score
yes the drive opens, yes itstopped suddenly an no windows doesnt ask for drivers, when i try using device manager to rinstalldrivers it just says no drivers loaded or something similar to that

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the CD drive show up under device manager as faulty?

Reaction score
no, it says no driver files loaded though, just remembered my son (who has same pc) took drive out and put his one in cos it wasnt working then he put original drive back in but my daughter hadnt used it for a while so we didnt realise there was a problem, hubby took drive out yesterday and reinstalled it, windows recognised the new hardware but stillno drivers, could it be that the drive has just given up the ghost so to speak? pc is about 15mths old.

Ask a Question